Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Games With Unlockable Features

1. Panzer Dragoon Orta (in spades)
    Mars Matrix (it makes you earn free play)
    RC de GO!
    RayCrisis
    Battle Bakraid (other ships can be unlocked with a code)
    Raiden Fighters 2 (time release system)
    Thunder Force Gold Pack 2 (you can use Styx in TFIV after you beat it using Rynex)

2. although they weren't much, i liked the extra 2 levels in Rez.

oh, and Melee takes the cake if you ask me.

3. 16-bit, one of the unlockables in Orta is the original Panzer Dragoon game, which is a pretty sweet extra if you ask me.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

4. Castlevania SOTN- the upside down castle wins hands down IMO.
    Ape Escape 2- Monkey Soccer is fun as hell.

5. PDOrta
    Super Smash Bros Melee
    Mars Matrix
    SMA3: Yoshi's Island

6. I vote all of the above, but I give an honorable mention to Sly Cooper. You can unlock the japanese intro/outros, a making of feaurette and every level has an audio commentary track that you can unlock. The audio commentary was a great idea that I think should be used as an unlockable in more games, it was fun hearing about what had been and what made the level be what it was today, etc.

7. Originally posted by nitrifikation
    I vote all of the above, but I give an honorable mention to Sly Cooper. You can unlock the japanese intro/outros, a making of feaurette and every level has an audio commentary track that you can unlock. The audio commentary was a great idea that I think should be used as an unlockable in more games, it was fun hearing about what had been and what made the level be what it was today, etc.
    Ironic, I was just about to post about the audio commentaries in Sly Cooper. (It was on my mind because I just posted a Sly Cooper picture in another thread. ) The audio commentaries are somewhat tough to obtain because you have to beat the Master Thief Sprints, but they are worth the effort.
    "PSP will elevate portable entertainment out of the handheld gaming ghetto." -- Kaz Hirai

8. Originally posted by Nash

i'd say most racing games have good unlockables, like gran turismo series, the later need for speed games, rally cross series, burnout series, etc.

Daytona (DC) had a nice assortment of unlockable cars. It was almost essential that you play the game offline, before taking it online, as players who unlocked the extra cars would be in the advantage.

9. Nectaris has the original Military Madness as an unlockable. I know it pales in comparison to some of the other aforementioned games but it's still a goodie

10. Originally posted by Mr_Furious
    Nectaris has the original Military Madness as an unlockable. I know it pales in comparison to some of the other aforementioned games but it's still a goodie

?... From what I've played of Nectaris, it uses most of the levels from Military Madness. The additinal levels were added, from those provided by fans of the game.