Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Games With Unlockable Features

1. Originally posted by 88mph
    On topic: I liked all the weapons you earned in Soul Blade. That was more fun to me than all the drawings in Soul Calibur.
    Damn right! From what I understand this feature has made a return for SCII. Thank you NAMCO!

2. 88, yes I do, I just felt like mentioning it as well.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

3. Originally posted by Mr_Furious
    Huh? I coulda swore I read confirmation of the original Military Madness being unlockable in Nectaris. If this indeed false then my apologies.
    Ummm... Correct me if I'm wrong, but I though Nectaris is Millitary Madness. Isn't it the Japanese PC Engine name of the same game?

Originally posted by BioMechanic
    Virtua Tennis' extra costumes & rackets were really cool too (bowling pin, giant walkie-talkie, wok, sunflower).
    One cool thing about Virtua Tennis is that it features a head and body type that pretty much is me exactly. My friends saw me playing my create-a-charater and they were like "how the hell are you in a videogame?"

4. Originally posted by Chibi Nappa
    Ummm... Correct me if I'm wrong, but I though Nectaris is Millitary Madness. Isn't it the Japanese PC Engine name of the same game?
    It's actually pretty confusing. The original JP game on PC Engine was called Nectaris but the name was changed for the Turbo Grafx release to Military Madness. The game I'm actually talking about is the Playstation game which is also called Nectaris but is not the original PC Engine game.

5. Faselei! Fairly short by SRPG standards, but to get all the mechs you have to play through it three times. If you want to get every piece of equipment add about 20 hours to the playtime (outside of the story battles and 3x playthroughs)

6. Originally posted by Mr_Furious
    It's actually pretty confusing. The original JP game on PC Engine was called Nectaris but the name was changed for the Turbo Grafx release to Military Madness. The game I'm actually talking about is the Playstation game which is also called Nectaris but is not the original PC Engine game.

They released the Playstation version as Nectaris:Military Madness. It features all the levels from the first game, plus added levels submitted by fans of the game. It starts out with the original levels from Military Madness and throws in the added levels later in the game. I have'nt completed it yet, but from what I've played, 75% of the levels are from the original.

BTW, I found the smaller sprites of the PSX version to be somewhat of a letdown. The game's sprites, seemed to have been shrunk down on the PSX version.

7. Home port of Street Fighter Alpha 3
    House of the Dead 3 (has the complete house of the dead 2 in it)
    Tekken 3 (Tekken Force)
    Tobal 2 (100+ fighters)
    Metal Slug 3 (stage select...every action game with a score should give you this option after you beat the game)

8. Originally posted by gamevet
    They released the Playstation version as Nectaris:Military Madness. It features all the levels from the first game, plus added levels submitted by fans of the game. It starts out with the original levels from Military Madness and throws in the added levels later in the game. I have'nt completed it yet, but from what I've played, 75% of the levels are from the original.

BTW, I found the smaller sprites of the PSX version to be somewhat of a letdown. The game's sprites, seemed to have been shrunk down on the PSX version.
    Shit, I got this game pegged all wrong then. I played all the way through Military Madness way back in the day (when it was new on TG-16). When I booted up the PS version it didn't feel like the same game to me. I guess I should've played it more. I stand corrected.

9. I still think Sonic Adventure DX' Game Gear games ranks up there somewhere. Still, why not just release them in a collection or something for twenty bucks?

10. 1. That would make more sense financially.
    2. It's Sega. See 1.
    I think Ridge Racer V had some nice unlockable stuff, and Twisted Metal: Black as well.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan