Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Cowboy Bebop episodes - and two questions.

1. Favorite Cowboy Bebop episodes - and two questions.

My favorites were Real Folk Blues, Pierott le Fou, Cowboy Funk, Jupiter Jazz, and Ganymede Elegy.

I have two questions about the series -

*Spoilers*
    I'm a little bit confused about the triangle between Spike, Julia and Vicious. Did Vicious get involved with Julia after Spike left, or did Spike have an affair with Julia while Vicious was with her?

What does Julia mouth to Spike as she's dying?

Anyway, great show. I'm not a big anime fan but I loved the series.

2. Yeah - Tyler, all those you listed were definitely good ones. I think Mushroom Samba and Gateway Shuffle rank in my top eppys as well though.Seeing Edward play bounty hunter while the rest of the crew was tripping was good stuff. That and for some reason Gateway Shuffle just fucking rocks towards the end with Spike and Faye going after that monkey missile in the gate - classic..

I want to say that the whole love triangle thing started off with Vicious and Julia as a couple but thats just kind of a guess as I dont think its ever fleshed out in detail in the series.

And I know one of the other members here will out quote me on this one but I think Julia says something to the effect of "this life is just a dream"

3. There is a thread on the series started by MVS that may answer your question, we went over a few things in that thread. My favorite episode is probably Session 5: Battle of Fallen Angels. The showdown in the church is just plain cool, and the music just blows me away everytime. The awesome lead up as Spike walks up to the church and the downright sick song (fits perfectly)that plays during the slow mo montage of the flash backs with Spike getting tossed out of the giant stained glass window. Complete with a sick explosion. He was knocked down, but Spike didn't go down without a bang. A shining example of true film making in animation.

I really liked Pierott le Fou and Asteroid Blues too.

4. Ballad of Fallen Angels and Pierott Le Fou are the two best. The last two episodes are awesome as well.

Mushroom Samba is good in that funny sort of way.

I never liked Heavy Metal Queen very much, and Toys in the Attic was just plain retarded.
    Well that's like, your opinion, man.

5. Heavy Metal Queen didn't do anything for me either, but Toys in the Attic has it's strong points. Great homage to Alien. I didn't like Brain Scan very much.

6. I love Bohemian Rhapsody, funny episode, with a bit of drama in there as well. Definitely my favorite episode of the series.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

7. Mushroom Samba is Hilarious, and really makes you realize how great a spin-off series featuring Ein and Ed would be.

My favorite episode is a toss up between Pierott Le Fou and Cowboy Funk.

8. Originally posted by Rumpy
    but Toys in the Attic has it's strong points. Great homage to Alien. I didn't like Brain Scan very much.
    Wait, I think I may have been talking about the wrong episode. Was Brain Scratch the one with that little black thing that attacked everybody, or was that Toys in the Attic?

Well, whichever one that was, I didn't like it.

And I forgot to mention, but I agree about that song in Ballad. Awesome piece, and goes great with that scene.
    Well that's like, your opinion, man.

9. Julia says "This is...a dream...", to which the reply is "Yeah...just a bad dream."

Toys in the Attic is just as much a homage to 2001 as it is to alien. That's the one with the lobster of death fungus that chases everyone.

I don't think there is a love triangle. It never says, but I'm inclined to believe that Spike and Julia hooked up, and that Vicious is gay. Not that it matters, I don't think he wants to buggar Spike, but he's more simply annoyed that she would take his attention away from the killing and the syndicate.

Overall the music is always good-excellent.

Ep 24 was good, the one where Ed and Ein bail. There's something so fucked up about seeing 2 dudes broke as a joke and all they have is a pile of eggs.

Ballad of Fallen Angels is good as well.

Hell, I think there's only like 3 or 4 I don't plan to watch again.

10. Originally posted by MVS

Ep 24 was good, the one where Ed and Ein bail.
    Most well-done scene in the entire series.

I have to rewatch that Perroit episode, because I remember specifically not liking it. Maybe I was sleepy while viewing...?