Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Johnny English

1. Johnny English

As a fan of Rowan Atkinson, I'm quite looking forward to the US release of this spy spoof. Apparently the film's already made over $100 million internationally - not necessarily a comment on its quality, of course, but anything with Rowan in it is a good bet to be enjoyable. It also stars Natalie "Torn" Imbruglia and John Malkovich.

The film's site is:

johnny-english.com

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

2. Bean's buffoonery always brings a smile to my face. I'll probably go see it.

3. Anything with Rowan Atkinson in it is going to be, if nothing else, funny. I might check this out in the theater, or at a minimum, on DVD.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

4. Has nayone ever seen Atkinson's stand up? Hilarious! I will definitly be seeing Johnny English.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

5. I'm in line for this. Bean is hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. The movie Bean is just a bunch of his skits from his TV show meshed together with a bad plot. Watch the TV series of Mr.Bean to see what I mean. He's funniest stuff is his stand up material though.

I heard this movie blows, but I haven't seen it myself.

7. Even though movie version of Bean was indeed a collection of skits from Bean TV series, mixed with average subplot, it was still pretty entertaining, thanks to Atkinson, who was best thing about it.

I'm interested in checking out Johny English, and I thought the trailer was pretty funny. I dont know if I can see it this week though, since Bad Boys 2 already occupy my Saturday, but even if I miss it in theaters, I will definately rent it on dvd.

Its been playing all over the world for last 5 or so months now. I heard both good and bad comments about it, but I will wait till I see it myself, to judge it.

8. Originally posted by Captain Vegetable
    Has nayone ever seen Atkinson's stand up? Hilarious! I will definitly be seeing Johnny English.
    His stand-up is absolutely brilliant. Many of the Bean skits are taken from it - it's extremely clever, bordering on ingenious. The bit where he plays the set of air drums, for example.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

9. Originally posted by BioMechanic
    His stand-up is absolutely brilliant. Many of the Bean skits are taken from it - it's extremely clever, bordering on ingenious. The bit where he plays the set of air drums, for example.
    I am particularly fond of the Satan bit and the bit wherein he's the principal of a school. Classic!

10. Does anyone know where I might be able to find some of his standup? I saw it on Comedy Central a long time ago and searching Kazaa only gave me a single clip (the satan one). I honestly don't really like his Mr. Bean stuff that much, but his standup is indeed brillant.