Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 160 gig HD 99 bucks w/rebate

1. Originally posted by Hero
    Best Buy is also selling 120 drives for 79...after 30-dollar mail in rebate. =|
    Do you have a link? I'll bet they don't have an 8-meg buffer and probably aren't Western Digital (namebrand doesn't matter to me, but I know a number of people who swear by that name as they have lost data to others). An extra 40 gigs into one drive definately drives up the price as well, but whatever.

Originally posted by MVS
    Go ahead, shit on this thread...
    Nah... I was doing like everyone else, and looking a gift horse in the mouth.

3. I had a less than 1 year old WD drive crap out on me too, I try to avoid that brand as much as possible.
    Right, because if anything validates the existance of a handheld piece of shit, it's taking those shitty handheld games and placing them on a screen big enough so that the inherent flaws of the software is visible to all humans. Including Ray Charles.

4. Originally posted by 88mph
    Nah... I was doing like everyone else, and looking a gift horse in the mouth.
    I know, it wasn't directed at you. I got the picture you posted.

5. Originally posted by Hero
    btw, what is the point of having a 120 gig hard drive on an XBox?
    Once you chip your Xbox and load your games onto the hard drive, you'll never play off of the DVD's again. The load time is just so much faster. Games loaded onto hard drive = need for large drive.

6. ah...sounds nice, but is the price of chip + HD + time on putting it all together worth the faster loads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

Originally posted by Hero
    ah...sounds nice, but is the price of chip + HD + time on putting it all together worth the faster loads?
    Oh, like there is nothing else that can be done w/ a big ass HD and a mod chip... n00b.

8. Well, I know there's that too. But it's not like I don't have enough games already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

9. Picked it up for my new PC. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

You could add another drive to your Tivo. I'm not sure what the max size supported is, though.