Thread: A way to play a PAL dvd on xbox or ps2?

1. A way to play a PAL dvd on xbox or ps2?

I have a PAL dvd movie I want to watch, are there any free ways I can watch this on my PS2 or Xbox?

Boot disks or the like?

Id hate to have to burn this as NTSC..

2. There is a Region X boot disc for the PS2. Unfortunatly, it will play every region except 2 (Pal) on your US PS2. The only way I know is to put a chip in your Xbox, flash the Bios, and load a region free DVD program.

3. Thanks, ill just have to burn this bad boy region free on a dvd-r

4. Actually, I think you'll need something with PAL decoding on it. The problem isn't going to be whether it's region-free or not, but if the picture can actually be displayed on the TV. I don't know much about this though, maybe someone else can help more.

5. Nah, all DVD's a encoding in mpeg2. It would be the actual Region 2 players that would be in PAL.

6. Ive done this before and at least on my t.v etc. everything worked.

You take a purchased PAL dvd and decrypt it onto your hard drive then use something like TMGEnc to remove region protection.

Repack and burn..

7. Has anybody tried using PAL DVDs on a DMS3-equipped PS2? I've installed a couple but haven't had the chance to test out any PAL movies with them. I'm really curious if it works or not.

8. Originally posted by Son of Bryce
    Nah, all DVD's a encoding in mpeg2. It would be the actual Region 2 players that would be in PAL.
    PAL video is higher-res than NTSC video is. I doubt it'd be possible to play a PAL DVD properly through an NTSC TV, without utilising a PAL to NTSC signal conversion device.

9. Matt, I've tried and I get something akin to "TV not compatible." Meant to email you but it slipped my mind. I can get the exact message if you like.

10. Well for the record I can play PAL DVD's on my modded Xbox on an NTSC TV. I guess there must be software signal conversion going on in there or something...