Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: S.T.A.L.K.E.R - Half Life 2 and Doom 3 gets some SERIOUS competition

1. S.T.A.L.K.E.R - Half Life 2 and Doom 3 gets some SERIOUS competition

Check out the trailers and screenshots for this upcoming PC game.

Hi-res: http://www.stalker-game.com/_exlink....trailer_hr.avi

Lo-res: http://www.stalker-game.com/_exlink....trailer_lr.avi

Official website: http://www.stalker-game.com/

Screenshots:

Beautiful

Very impressive lighting.

My thoughts

. It looks amazing. Extremely real. Damn. And the setting is original too. I mean how many games is set in Ukraine, in the area of radioactive contamination. Its developed by Russian and US company, and technology is way cool

And those physics. Damn, when the guy shot enemy from the top of roof and it fell, and hit the roof and rolled. Very cool.

And its always cool to be able to drive cars.

I'm definately very interested.

2. interested. looks like a better done SOF. Vehicle are always cool if done right.
    Half-Life with reign based on it's amazing level of interaction. Doom has the Doom name and Trent. Im sure this one will get buried in that mess.

3. Doesn't look to "SERIOUS" to me...
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

4. And why not? From the techincal point of view, its very impressive. Watch the trailer, see the ligthing fx and the way physics work, its very impressive.

5. the environments are beautiful. i love the setting.

6. Originally posted by Despair
    And why not? From the techincal point of view, its very impressive. Watch the trailer, see the ligthing fx and the way physics work, its very impressive.
    There aren't any aliens or demons...that I could see.

In all seriousness, the game looks beautiful, but I'll never play it if it doesn't come to XBOX. That's why it doesn't look serious. Doom III and HL2 are coming to XBOX, so I can get excited about them. I didn't see anything that said this was coming to XBOX.

That's not to say it isn't appealing, as it is. I just don't want to get all worked up for a game I can't play.

7. Sky...pretty...

Seriously, though, looks good. Nice texture detail, and the grass that the guy is crouching in looks damn fine. The premise is interesting, too. I wonder how radiation will factor into the gameplay? I assume that you'll walk around with giger counters and have to find radiation suits before going into certain areas...

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. I'll check out the trailer later today, I just wanted to pop in and say those are some stunningly gorgeous textures. It'll eat up video RAM like not tomorrow but it'll be worth it for that beauty.

9. Serious competition for what? I am assuming we are coming from the school of thought that says "More polys = better game", and if so, then I totally agree.