Thread: Any Legendary Pink Dots fans here?

1. Any Legendary Pink Dots fans here?

Pretty big fan, here. Had the pleasure of seeing them live twice. Arizona isn't a frequent stop when they tour the U.S., so that made it all the more special for me.

So, am I alone here?

I've got 3 of their albums: Curse, The Maria Dimension and Brighter Now... It's good stuff. The Maria Dimension is particularly good. I think Edward K'spel is a hell of a songwriter. Sometimes I can't appreciate the production of the music as it sounds like it was programmed and recorded on really cheap equipment, but then if you want to hear LPD with a more lush sound, look into the band The Tear Garden which is Edward K'spel and Skinny Puppy's cEvin Key; Tired Eyes Slowly Burning is AMAZING! Check it out!

3. Quote Originally Posted by Scourge
    I've got 3 of their albums: Curse, The Maria Dimension and Brighter Now... It's good stuff. The Maria Dimension is particularly good. I think Edward K'spel is a hell of a songwriter. Sometimes I can't appreciate the production of the music as it sounds like it was programmed and recorded on really cheap equipment, but then if you want to hear LPD with a more lush sound, look into the band The Tear Garden which is Edward K'spel and Skinny Puppy's cEvin Key; Tired Eyes Slowly Burning is AMAZING! Check it out!
    I have all of those. You're right about the cheap equipment thing, the newer LPD stuff from around '93 on up have much higher production values. The musicianship is better too, much less gothy and more psychedellic. Very simlar to Syd Barrett Floyd and and Gong.

Tear Garden is really good too. Tired Eyes Slowly Burning and Last Man To Fly are longtime favorites.

4. I seen em live years ago. Edward also did a special poetry session with another band. Also brians project twilight dub circus did a opening show.

5. I dig them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.