Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What type of character designs appeal to you most in a game?

1. Panzer Dragoon... I would like to see Panzer Dragoon in that Oil Painting style. That would be perfect.

I think Ico had some killer style, I like that kind of character design.

I also like PSO's art, Nights and Ecco.

ºTracer
    o_O

2. I always hated the character design in Mischief Makers. Her legs look like drumsticks!

3. Anime style. Realism ain't my thing(sorry Shinkiro).

4. "Basically, I cringe at anything that wasn't created by a Japanese designer. The characters don't have to look anime-ish in nature, but Japan seems to produce the most competent designs in video games, with very few exceptions."

Well said, Taito.

I can dig most varities of character designs, from anime-esque to realistic, as long as there's a high attention to consistancy to the artwork and design. Lately, I've been interested in games with more off-kilter character designs. Okage, Sky Gunner, Rakugaki Oukouku, Animal Forest, and the like. Highly stylized, yet fit perfectly within the game.

5. Yea, American compnmays generally suck on average when it comes to stylish/memorable characters... (Morkat Kombat is embedded in my brain...)

I'm not one for realistic anything.. too boring. I love stuff that is out there... or.... 2D characters are generally likable.. (The MS crew... Any Capcom/SNk characters...).. Anything anime-y (qulaity anime-y, not shat anime-y)... Anything Japanese, really... Something like that...

6. I prefer anime-style character design, big time.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. cool question

The character designs i adore are the goth-style guys..the strong silent types (Vincent from FF7, Auron from FFX, Iori from KOF), the cute and sexy sometimes-ninja girls (Chun Li, Mai, and Felicia, even though shes a catgirl she's cute, fast, and sexy, Rikku from FFX...etc)
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

8. I like a few semi-realistic chara designs, a few really bizarre ones, some of Amano's stuff, and even the chara designs of Grand Theft Auto 3. Simple, complex, as long as it's interesting.
    The main character's simple design is great.

I also like guys characters that look like military personel, be it a soldier or general, and guys in expensive suits.

9. Aye, Fent likes his pirates..especially Air Pirates.
    It's a mirror image!