Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why three letters?

1. Originally posted by PBMaX

I'm no big fan of them either but there is no denying the show was funny.

They got a new Pac Man machine in the apartment, and one of the guys spent a full day working to get all the top scores and enter 3 letter swear words.

One of the other housemates had a kid coming to stay at the house so they needed to get the swear words off the screen ASAP. Problem was the guy who got all the high scores in the first place developed a claw hand from playing so much and couldn't play anymore. His hand was completely deformed from being wrapped around the joystick for so long.

It ended with Phoebe about to break the first place high score. Right as she is about to break it she dies and unleashes a tirade of swear words just as the kid walks in.

Pretty funny.
    Too bad there's that teeny, tiny plot hole regarding Ms. Pac Man and how you can't enter initals. Bad episode, even worse show.

2. I don't much mind the three-letter limit, though I don't use my actual initials, as every male in my family shares those same initials.

I usually use either RYN or YAN, though I may use ELB and FGS from time to time.

3. I hate it when games do not allow for a SPACE or a period, so I end up with:

"JRX"

or the elusive:

"JR!"

4. That's how I came up with x2y (damn the games with no number input). I hated using my initials "LAR"...yuck!

Usually I just use JOE, but I'm trying to get into the habit of using JS3, or just JS (I don't have a middle name).

6. K-Y-O. Three letters seems perfect, really.

And all you people without middle names...your parents clearly don't love you.
    -Kyo

7. Originally posted by Sqoon

Too bad there's that teeny, tiny plot hole regarding Ms. Pac Man and how you can't enter initals. Bad episode, even worse show.
    That...and the fact that replacing the initials for first place would only knock the naughty word down to second.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

8. Originally posted by burgundy
    That...and the fact that replacing the initials for first place would only knock the naughty word down to second.
    And all they had to do was unplug the machine to erase the scores anyway, so it's dumb even though I didn't see the episode.

I'm too lazy to enter my initials at home and in the arcade I'm usually too pissed off about being out of quarters.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

Seven Force Guest
    Originally posted by Kaneda:

I enjoy when people abbreviate swears for high scores.

Also, I've noticed in many games if you enter in AAA for the initials, the game will choose a default (SNK or CAP, for instance). Too bad for Aaron Alan Aaronson.
    Besides ASS, FUK also is subject to this defaulting too. Maybe SHT is among those too. It would really suck to be a good-scoring gamer named Fumiko Uchida Kobayashi playing those Capcom games...