Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why three letters?

1. I could use MCR that being my initials, but I have always rather liked STU for Stupendous Man. But STU is often found as an artificial score in many games.

I think my Ninja Assault score is still tops at the movie theatre.

ºTracer
    o_O

2. Originally posted by 2D4EVER
    Initials.

Later all...
    Its so simple... its mind boggling.

My initials are DDS. I feel weird putting them in, cause I imagine some kid looking at the high scores and saying, "Wow, I didnt know so many dentists play here." Fortunatly that S stands for Sol. Easy enough. I was just curious if it had to do with anything special. Thanks for the replies everyone. ^_^
    A is for action

3. *"Mike" points at all the other 8 bit RPG players and laughs.*

4. Originally posted by TracerBullet
    I could use MCR that being my initials, but I have always rather liked STU for Stupendous Man. But STU is often found as an artificial score in many games.

I think my Ninja Assault score is still tops at the movie theatre.

ºTracer
    I wish my Project Justice score was still at hte arcade, but no the top man had to go and break 1.6 million just when i had beat his 1.2mill. QTL MUST DIE! (guy who beats me) And the worst part is he owns ALL the top scores, ALL of them! Least he's stoped using roberto >.<

5. Some people won't start driving until everyone in the car is secured by a seatbelt. Similarly, I will not play an arcade game unless everyone agrees to enter initials. Another quirk of mine.

The only place I usually won't enter initials is in Konami Arcade Collection for the Game Boy Advance, since the high scores are lost when the unit is powered off.

I use "NIC" instead of my initials. When I register a high score, I think of the game as being "Niced," since the display generally reads "NIC E/D," especially in Capcom games - which are the most "Niced" games out there.

6. I greatly prefer three-letter name entry screens to full-name entries...simply entering your initials is much easier and quicker (and more suited to an arcade game) than having to enter a whole name. (see: DOA2. grr. I always just hit up and start to enter the default "NINJA" name.)

TJW owns Raiden Fighters Jet. :grin: