Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why three letters?

1. Why three letters?

Why are scores in arcades recorded with three letters? Was it memory limitations of older games, and just carried on through till today? Are there any games now that have more than three spaces for high score place holders?

Curious ~
    Z-roe
    A is for action

2. Initials.

Later all...

Originally posted by 2D4EVER
    Initials.

Later all...
    Best...single word answer...EVER. :jest:
    Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    SNK is like an abusive boyfriend; he keeps hitting me, and I want to leave him, but then I think about the good times we have together and keep telling myself I'll give him just one more chance to change.

Sigh...

Johnny Guest
    Oh god that pisses me off. It's not even confined to scores, but character names too. If I have to spell my name without an H one more time, I'm going to crack.

6. many games now have 4 letters. Get excited...

My real name's Maurizio...

Where do you think Mzo came from? High scores in SF2, of course!
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

8. My biggest problem was the 4 letter limitation in the early Dragon Warriors. I always hated using Cris instead of Chris damnit!

Naga-nooch,
    -Gigas
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

9. I enjoy when people abbreviate swears for high scores.

Also, I've noticed in many games if you enter in AAA for the initials, the game will choose a default (SNK or CAP, for instance). Too bad for Aaron Alan Aaronson.