Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: '80s fantasy flicks

1. Where's "The Lost Boys"? I bet you can tape that off of TBS any random night.

2. Originally posted by cka
    Where's "The Lost Boys"? I bet you can tape that off of TBS any random night.
    that's a vampire film. Nice try, but no dice!

I was a fan of dragonslayer for quite some time. I was hoping they would make a sequel but I guess it's better to leave things as they are, oh well.

The beastmaster was a really good film as well. It was well directed and something I was into besides conan, I didn't care for part 2 as much in the same way directors were thinking of bringing everything to the "HERE AND NOW" point because it destroyed both the feel and concept that they were based on. Masters of the universe was demonished because of that factor, I could imagine it being great if the earth idea was never considered.

Originally posted by Chojin
    I dunno what to think of the Beastmaster these days. Quite long and..odd. Don't bother with the sequel though.
    stick with the first and you'll be fine. The sequels and beyond are ass.

Do NOT watch the Barbarians or your mind will melt.

I did see the Barbarians, it didn't turn out to be anything I was hoping for, cept a really weak buddy-comedy flick that only managed to get the medevil part right. (somewhat)

I think deathstalker (1st and 2nd) would make a better watch. All about nekkid dancers and boobies!
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

3. Go to Best Buy

Just wanted to let you know that Best Buy is selling the Conan the Barbrian+Conan the Destroyer two packs for $18.

On a side note they also have The Thing+12 Monkeys for $18.
    Right, because if anything validates the existance of a handheld piece of shit, it's taking those shitty handheld games and placing them on a screen big enough so that the inherent flaws of the software is visible to all humans. Including Ray Charles.