Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: House of the Dead 3 not cel-shaded anymore...?

1. It would have certainly been interesting to see anime style blood coming out, it would probably look like GGX or MK in terms of raw gushing blood. I would have loved to have seen how it played out since those screens were early as well.

As for the direction of it, I think the creators could have done whatever they want, like Miyamoto is doing with Zelda, its up to the fans to check it out and to make what of it.

2. Boo, I say. Sega chickened out. The original style looked leagues better. More of the same = ho hum.

I have to agree with Master that it was never cell shaded. Cell shading is making that black line, nothing else.

3. Originally posted by MechDeus
    Besides, if I want HotD2, I'll play HotD2. The whole point of sequels is to take a game and push it in new directions while keeping familiar characteristics, not just add new levels.
    My thoughts exactly. This cell-shaded look had me so excited (see my sig line for proof). Now it just looks like HoTD2, a game which I have never purchased, despite owning a Dreamcast since 9/9/99 and having a library of 100 games for the system.

I want the cell-shaded style back !!

But the shotgun is still there (kick-ass), so we shall see how the new "new" style turns out.

- Kabuki

Andy787 Guest
    They both look plenty good to me. The cartoon one would just sell like ass.