Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Official TNL 3.0 Upgrade Troubleshooting Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by sggg
    Lots of problems here. I think everything looks very cluttered and unfinished. Several themes look worse than others.

» The quick reply button does not work. If you click on that icon mentioned above it just gives an error (PostID: 0).

» I can't find where to change the custom status anymore.

» When you click on the User CP button from a user's profile it gives a database error.

» The centred username/customstatus/avatar/location/etc looks bad.

I am not trying to be negitive, I just want to give some feedback. I hope it all gets sorted out soon.
    - Works fine for me (I used it to post this reply),

- User CP -> Profile

- Tried that, I didn't get a DB error (it could be a table lock issue)

- I think it looks better than everything left-aligned.

Most of the style-related problems are due to the clumsy conversion of vB2 themes to vB3, and the fact that the vB3 style system isn't quite finished yet (hence the 'beta' version). Anywho, I'll take a look at that db error stuff and see if I can't reproduce it.

2. I'm now using the GO theme, and all text in posts, barring the text in quotes, appears as white text, against the nearly-white backdrop, requiring me to highlight everything in a post to see it.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

3. well, i had to start using Ice becase the text color in 2.0 is a pain in the ass to read now. but i like Ice so it worked out.

i like the new features too. and even though i ready know how to use the new quick reply, it should still be setup so you can just type into it.

aside from that, i dig it.

4. Quote Originally Posted by cka
    - User CP -> Profile
    Maybe I am crazy, but I don't see it....

5. I don't see it, either. It's not there.

6. i just noticed that if you're using Ice, big pictures strecth the whole thread. can we have that fixed please?

7. Is there some trick to using the quick reply box at teh bottom of threads now? I used to just type in my message and click 'post', but now it tells me to screw off and use the quote function.
    -Kyo

8. Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    I'm now using the GO theme, and all text in posts, barring the text in quotes, appears as white text, against the nearly-white backdrop, requiring me to highlight everything in a post to see it.
    Is there an echo in here?
    if ya see a sucker, cut him, don’t like perpetrators
    http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/black/doktorMott.png

9. Quote Originally Posted by sggg
    Maybe I am crazy, but I don't see it....
    Try Options, not Profile.

My input on Quick Reply: It's bulky. I see multiple reasons for doing this, but it now really serves no purpose.

cka, if you need any assistance, let me know.

10. TNL 2.0 style looks like ass