Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GameCube switchmod

1. GameCube switchmod

I've decided to mod my gamecube. Are there any issues I should be aware of, and what is the best place to have do it? I was going to go with ColorConsoles.com but they're site's ordering is broken and they don't have a phone number.

2. NCS does a good job, and in my experience is also good about fixing any problems that may arise down the road.

3. i had my done at my local mom&pop store, and they were really good about it.

but actually, i hear those Freeloaders are cheap, have there been any reported problems with them? if not, why not just go with one of those at this point?

4. Freeloaders have a bunch 'o compatibility problems. I hear enough about them to completely turn me off the things.

5. I have a Freeloader (v1.06) and have had zero problems.

6. Most of the problems listed seem to arise from NTSC/PAL issues. I haven't heard much about NTSC/NTSC compatability problems, though I'd be interested if anyone has, seeing how I just ordered a Freeloader of my own.

7. Quote Originally Posted by BenT
    To be fair, most every complaint is from someone in the UK so maybe it's some PAL/NTSC problem or issue. Here's a site that has a compatibility list. It's not fully up to date though. The only problems I've read regarding the Freeloader (NTSC only) are memory card related.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Wilykat
    Most of the problems listed seem to arise from NTSC/PAL issues.
    I agree. I'm not saying there aren't problems, just that I've yet to have any myself. I have the latest version Freeloader, a US Cube, and only use it for NTSC/NTSC conversions.

9. what about a pro action replay?
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.