Thread: Cheap lithium batteries FS! (CPS2, Saturn, DC VMU, NES/SNES cart)

1. Cheap lithium batteries FS! (CPS2, Saturn, DC VMU, NES/SNES cart)

A local electronics shop just went out of business yesterday, and I made sure to hit the closing auction. I was hoping to pick up some lithium batteries for gaming purposes, but it turned out that the shop's entire stock was being sold as one lot. Needless to say, I've got a whole lot of extras! There's no way I'm going to use all of them, so I'm hoping to sell of the ones I don't need.

So, here's the goods. All prices are in US$, shipping not included:

SAFT and Tadiran brand 3.6v 1/2 AA cells, with wire tabs for PCB mounting. These identical to the batteries in CPS2 boards, and are super-easy to solder. They're $2.50 each, or 10 for $20.

Maxell 3.6v 1/2AA cells, without the tabs. If you're confident in your soldering ability and can add the tabs yourself, these are also good for CPS2 boards. They're also used for clock batteries in Macs as well as various other electronic devices. These are $1.50 each, or 10 for $12.

CR2032 3v lithium coin cells (various brands). These are used for Saturn backup memory, Dreamcast VMUs, various calculators, etc. I'm selling them at 5 for $1.75, 10 for $3.00, or 20 for $4.50. Buy lots and get rid of those irritating VMU beeps!

CR2032 3v lithium cells with solder tabs (Maxell, Renata, and Panasonic). These make perfect replacements for the save batteries inside NES, SNES, and Genny carts. Your Zelda carts will be running well into the next decade! These batteries are also used in Raiden Fighters boards and a few other PCBs. $1.00 each, 5 for $4.00, or 10 for $6.50.

Some notes:

- Tadiran claims on their website that their 1/2 AA batteries have a shelf life of 15 years at room temperature, and given that their batteries are used in a lot of military and emergency medical equipment, I'm inclined to believe them. Maxell and SAFT state 10-year shelf lives for theirs. The batteries I've got have manufacture dates from the mid-to-late '90s, and the store I bought them at was air-conditioned, so I'm sure they're fine. If you plan on storing them for an extended period of time, it's probably good to put them in the freezer.

- Of course, all the batteries are brand new! Selling used batteries is a really dumb idea.

- These are darn cheap prices! In most electronics catalogs, the 1/2 AA cells run at least $5-6 each, and the button cells are around $1.75-2.00 with tabs or $0.60-1.00 without.

I can take payment by cheque, money order, and Paypal. Postage should be really cheap, as most of these are small enough to be sent letter rate. If you want to use Paypal, please be aware that I'll have to charge a little extra to cover the service fees. Feel free to reply here or PM me if you're interested

2. Is it possible to replace the battery in my Dreamcast? If so do I need the CR2032's with or without solder tabs? And where can I get info on how to remove the old battery?

3. Shineaqua, do you mean the DC's internal clock battery? That battery is a rechargeable lithium cell, so the batteries I've got here wouldn't be good replacements.

You can buy batteries that are identical to the one in your DC at most mail-order electronic parts dealers (I recommend Digikey).

4. Okay, I'll take 5 of those CR2032 lithium coin cells at $1.75.

PM me the details.

5. Bump!

I still have plenty of batteries left