Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: how often do you draw?

1. how often do you draw?

For one particular artist...he practically seemed to draw everyday. Others do so on a weekly, monthly or sporadic period.

So which are you? And what steps do you take to get inspired?

2. Every day.

3. I should do it every day, but I find increasingly difficult to do so when there's no one that cares it's being done (like, no contract or school project or anything). Now that I've graduated, the world seems pretty bleak, and it's hard for me to draw anything at all...when you're not feeling well, it's hard to be creative or perform well artistically, and it's just sort-of a vicious circle.

So anyway, I'd say every other day or so, but if I have something in particular to do, it can be all day for days on end.

4. Sometimes just for five minutes, sometimes all day long, sometimes not at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

5. Quote Originally Posted by FuryFox
    I should do it every day, but I find increasingly difficult to do so when there's no one that cares it's being done (like, no contract or school project or anything). Now that I've graduated, the world seems pretty bleak, and it's hard for me to draw anything at all...when you're not feeling well, it's hard to be creative or perform well artistically, and it's just sort-of a vicious circle.

So anyway, I'd say every other day or so, but if I have something in particular to do, it can be all day for days on end.
    Interesting that you say that, because I actually imagined that you ideally strived to draw everything. I actually feel a lot as you do (though of course I never had formal training at a school or anything). But I've basically figured no one cared regardless if I did anything or not (like our boards for instance). True, self-worth of anything you create should be key, but it's great when you are getting input from others, getting motivation and such.

6. My situation's a bit like Fury . Hey, Fury, look for some comission jobs, man. Lots of my artist friends have done it. Hero, you've done comission work, right? Or was it... Anyway, here's a start : http://www.digitalwebbing.com/talent/

7. Well, I do try to draw a little day... even if that means "scribbling on scrap paper at work" ... some days I have more times than others, but I try my best to do something every day. When I have days off from work are the best - I don't have to worry about time constraints, and I can just draw as much as I want, when I want.

Currently, I'm waiting to get a new desk, which I think may help increase my productivity. Lately, I've been feeling a bit cramped and uncomfortable at my current, uh, desk-like thing...

8. I have this table that i can use and more than enough light (which is important...though I actually hate TONS of light)

my friend lawd says I need to get a pc tablet. that will come in time.

9. I know how you feel...I had to give up a great drafting table, and I've been working on a folding utility table for the past 6 months or so. You'd be surprised how much having a nice work space can help (not just furniture, either, but having it organized and clean, spacious, nice windows, etc)...of course, which I have none of right now (it sucks to be a temporary border at your parent's house).

10. I have a tablet for my pc... I do pretty much all of my current "real work" on it these days. It really doesn't need a lot of room - 'tis a wee Graphire2 that I love to death, but I've been using this pc cart thing for my desk for over a year or so now, and it's finally just starting to wear too thin. I want a desk where I can keep some of my reference materials, cds, etc near by, right where I can reach them, and not feel cluttered.