Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The one and only PS2 mod?

1. man thats expensive
    "Punch the yeti! Win a free Llama!"

2. Hmmmmmm...

I have never seen the import communtiy so baffled before. Truly these are dark days. Even though there aren't any must-have PS2 imports on the market, I still like to have the option of purchasing Devil May Cry 2 a few months in advance.

XBOX is experiencing similar difficulties, no?

3. Originally posted by xS
    ever heard of that gameshark code that cracks your ps2?
    Ever hear that the ps2 gameshark isn't exactly always safe to use with your console?
    It's a mirror image!

4. Guys Im sure that you can Mod your ps2 witht the help of an action replay2 . I live in a place where piracy is the norm and I see happy ps2 owners play their bootlegs , with the help of some code. The games load a bit too much though....

5. Re: Hmmmmmm...

Originally posted by BEBOPlover
    Truly these are dark days. Even though there aren't any must-have PS2 imports on the market, I still like to have the option of purchasing Devil May Cry 2 a few months in advance.
    You don't play Bemani do you?

6. 1. Messiah (and forthcoming M2) cracks copywrite protection schemes. It is thus illegal accoarding to that law Clinton signed... Digital Millenium something...

2.GameShark, depending on version, can swap various backups. Too complicated and questionable to mention here...

3. The very complicated Origa chip is the only 'legal' import chip.

4. A DCX style disc isn't possible. The DC's copy protection was such that it was possible. PS2 is very different.

7. Messiah? Wasn't that the cancelled one recently brought down by Sony's legal action?

In any case, the only way I'm paying that much for a mod chip is if I get an external one so it's reusable if my PS2 ever breaks or I have to get a new one.

8. Originally posted by MechDeus
    Messiah? Wasn't that the cancelled one recently brought down by Sony's legal action?
    No legal ruling can stop pir8z!!!

9. Well you can always just get the Origa chip. It actually works too.

10. Crimminey!

For $159 I'd rather get an import PS2 and save myself any potential disasters.

I also don't like the idea of having my consoles shipped. Call me paranoid.