Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: $5 New Rygar at EB RIGHT NOW! (prolly not for long)

1. Korly threatened to steal all of them, but I got one... hooray!

2. Quote Originally Posted by Captain Vegetable
    Rygar is, indeed, a beautiful game. Just wait 'til you get to the Poseiden Shrine. And then later on, when you're hopping through the clouds...amazing.
    I'm noticing this now that I'm out of Colloso, the main field is really really good looking.

3. Ah crap, paid $32 for it in June... Given it was 9 hour long game, I really could've waited...
    "Don't be a pansy." - James

4. I got it, but I have no intention of playing it any time soon.

I'm really into Paper Mario right now, and as soon as I finish that, it's KOTOR for me. Plus, I still have a town in Animal Crossing to attend to, and I really should finish Fatal Frame sometime before Fatal Frame 2 comes out.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Korly
    I got it, but I have no intention of playing it any time soon.
    Pretty much how I feel too.

Even though I don't have my copy, but it did ship. Can't go wrong for five bucks.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Korly
    I got it, but I have no intention of playing it any time soon.

I'm really into Paper Mario right now, and as soon as I finish that, it's KOTOR for me. Plus, I still have a town in Animal Crossing to attend to, and I really should finish Fatal Frame sometime before Fatal Frame 2 comes out.
    I actually just started playing it last night.

I finished Fatal Frame about 3 weeks ago, I'm LONG done with Animal Crossing, KOTOR has come and gone (probably my GOTY) and I didn't really feel like working on FF X-2 last night ('cause that's how RPGs feel sometimes, like work).

Beautiful game. The princess looks like Britney Spears, just with weird hands.

7. Tecmo hates hands.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Oooh, that third level sure is purty, ain't it? Anyone who said graphics don't matter never played this game. I reckon I'm having about twice as much fun as if it looked like a typical PSX game. But enough positivity, on with the complaints!

What in god's sweet hell is up with the "hints" about when to use your powers, e.g. "Press down + X to slide" when you're near a hidden passage close to the ground? Sweet mother of god, this has to be the single worst thing about modern gaming. Can you imagine if the classic platformers like Super Mario 3 told you, "Fly here, f00. Hidden secret on cloud above j00r head."? Indeed, it would've sucked beyond measure. Why is this the current norm? Are designers/developers really that clueless or are today's gamers really that stupid/impatient that they need help like this lest they throw the game down in frustration never to return? Does focus testing reflect people want or need this level of hand-holding? I seriously feel like this game thinks I'm a retarded five-year-old. Keep your goddamn arrows and hint systems, give me the vague-as-hell Ecco setup any day. I want to feel like I'm being smart and discovering stuff in an adventure game -- I know I must be a lunatic or something.
    it's needed with 3D games because the camera doesn't let you see shit.