Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: $5 New Rygar at EB RIGHT NOW! (prolly not for long)

1. Damn, I hope this lasts tomarrow. It would be great to own the game for the price of a rental.

2. It's a steal at $5... Hell I got Buffy for $7 when ther was a mix up, why not go for Rygar

3. So I'm just about done with the second level in Rygar, or as I'll cleverly refer to it from here on out, Stone Breaker 3D. I have to admit I was expecting or at least hoping for more. Halverson just about gave birth when he reviewed it six months ago. And yes, he frequently goes overboard but not usually to this degree. But I guess I can't go wrong for $5.35 with tax. Plus, I'm sure it'll grow on me as the game progresses and I gain more powers, diskarmors, etc. Hell, I might as well admit it, I mostly just made this post so I could call it Stone Breaker 3D.

4. I loved Rygar. It's got some gorgeous backgrounds, an awesome sooundtrack, and the game really becomes cool once you get more moves.

It's short, the story's ridiculous and there aren't too many different types of enemies, but those are the only negatives in an otherwise awesome game.
    -Kyo

5. Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo
    It's short, the story's ridiculous and there aren't too many different types of enemies, but those are the only negatives in an otherwise awesome game.
    Sounds just like the NES one to me, and the NES one was great.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

6. fuck fuck godamn fucking ass fuck... EB is most defenately closed by now, it's 11:06. I hope the sale is still good tomorrow. I mean fuck, Gamestop takes Ryger as a trade in for more than that, one could do quite the excellent things.

7. Sale?

8. Rygar is a great game. StiderKyo pretty much hit everything right on the head, although he forgot to mentions its not all that long, but its worth $5 or the $15 I paid for it.

I don't see why people would be picking up 10 copies of this game, I have not seen it anywhere for more than $20, and its only like $8 on Ebay, and that price will probably go down now that people get wind of the price drops. They arn't going to make any money off it at GameStop or even off Ebay.

None the less pick the game up, its very fun.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

9. Did it have a low print run? I think it might of. And it doesn't look like it'll get another one. So people are probably waiting for it to be hard to find, then unload all their copies.

10. Rygar isn't a very good game. Most new moves you get are useless enough to try it out once just to see it and never use it again. Plus the pacing is so out of whacked that it gets pretty damn boring. The enemy variety magnifies the bad pacing like by a hundred times. DMC2 is better and that game isn't very good either.

It's worth 5 bucks though, as long as a whole bunch of other games. I wouldn't pay 5 bucks for the Bouncer though. That game just flat out sucks.