Thread: Presenting: Ivy - in progress image (2003)

1. Presenting: Ivy - in progress image (2003)

With Soul Calibur 2 just a bit over a month away, I was feeling inspired to do a new pic of Ivy (in the trademark Bahn pinup style of course).

7/23/03: Please note this is a draft and is part of a much larger project that I am not working on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ivy.jpg 
Views:	324 
Size:	114.6 KB 
ID:	3316  

2. Aah~ Ivy... showing us yer A, eh? Hehehe. Great work man. Though I wish you had made her right shoulder rise up a bit more, eyes squinting abit and puckered up her mouth... yeah, ala Monroe . But it's a lovely piece as is... Now enter our swimsuit challenge!!

3. Thanks Dandy - but, suddenly I am not inspired anymore (or at least at the moment)

4. Nice. I have one suggestion, you should add her wip/sword laying near her, It would make here much more identifable. I dig the pose though.

JM

5. I did another lineart version, so I will definitely keep that in mind.

6. I agree. It is a nice pose and well-rendered, but from that angle, some of Ivy's trademark appearance is is lost.

Also: What happened to her thong? It covers her girl-stuff, but doesn't seem to come back out the other side

You should make it a bit more obvious that shes wearing pants.

Right now it looks as though her pussy is hanging out... and while in some circles that may have some merit, you should fix it. You know?

8. Quote Originally Posted by 88mph

Right now it looks as though her pussy is hanging out... and while in some circles that may have some merit, you should fix it. You know?
    Ivy doesn't have pants in that costume; thigh-high boots and a bustier terminating with a thong. Hence my comment. edit: Hmm...looking at it some more...it looks like it could have been drawn either way (if Bahn did a custom outfit). What's the verdict, Bahn?

9. Quote Originally Posted by 88mph

I actually have another version of the lineart here - which I think I mentioned already. The one currently posted is actually still very much in progress. It wasn't until the day after I posted this thread that I got the idea, but I apologize for giving that impression.

The new one that I am working on will have the needed depth it requires and it won't give you that impression at all. That regions is actually shaded but it's difficult to pick up since I didn't draw it dark enough to be picked up by digital camera.

Her yum-yum isn't being exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by bahn
    Her yum-yum isn't being exposed.
    I approve... carry on.

I look forward to then non-pussy-hanging-out finished product.