Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone place my avatar?

1. Can anyone place my avatar?

Just interested in knowing if anyone is familiar with the (most excellent) source.

Clue: You most likely already know his real-life name.

2. Re: Can anyone place my avatar?

Originally posted by BenT
    Just interested in knowing if anyone is familiar with the (most excellent) source.

Clue: You most likely already know his real-life name.
    Lucifer
    It's a mirror image!

3. Satan, actually. But I'm referring to the identity of the person who plays him here. :)

4. Originally posted by BenT
    Satan, actually. But I'm referring to the identity of the person who plays him here.
    ........jesus?......it's jesus, isn't it!

5. Nope. IMDB shows no credits for any such "Jesus", so that's incorrect.

6. It looks like the dude from Kids In The Hall or Kathleen Turner. Kathleen put your God Damned clothes back on!

7. I have less interest in prolonging this thread than I expected, so... it's Danny Elfman, noted composer for film and member of 80's music group Oingo Boingo. This pic is from his awesome cameo as Satan in the 1980 cult film Forbidden Zone.

Written and directed by his brother Richard Elfman, Forbidden Zone is one of the most insane films ever created. Trying to describe it does it a disservice, so I won't bother. Suffice it to say that if you like cult films / crass musicals / comedies and / or Danny Elfman it's a must-see. The soundtrack (by Danny and Oingo Boingo) is mind-blowingly awesome.

Richard Elfman only made two other films (so far), Shrunken Heads and Modern Vampires. I've only been able to track down the more recent MV, and it was well worth the rental. Hilarious vampire flick.

Shrunken Heads was apparently supposed to be a children's film, except the decapitations got it an R rating. :D I'll have to get it off eBay soon, as the trailer looks great.

Welp, that's my Forbidden Zone plug. Since I like you all so much, I thought I'd share the secret of the best movie evAr. Go and see it.

8. It is none other than Danny Elfman, star and composer of the musical score to the fine, fine film "The Forbidden Zone."

In the scene in question, Elfman does a Cab Calloway-esque number that is absolutely mind-blowing. This really is a must-see movie, folks.

I was really into this film in college, along with some other friends of mine. We hosted a few gatherings on campus to expose people to this little film. Here are some of the cool publicity posters we made for the screenings.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

9. Nice! You, sir, have excellent taste in cinema. ; )

Everyone else: Watch the damn movie.

Thank us later.

10. damn Ben, bring it over and we'll watch it! :P