Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Technos

1. Quote Originally Posted by sleeveboy
    How much do the Nekketsu sports games on Famicom go for?

Maybe I ought to pick up a Famicom one of these days. Between the Nekketsu games and Don Doko Don 2 alone, it might be worth it.
    I've seen Nekketsu Hockey on eBay once. It went for over $120.

I have never seen Ganbare Dunk Heroes. I don't even know what the box looks like.

-Tech

2. Basketball goes for +$100 from what I've seen(japanese site price lists), though I saw a pirate cart on ebay oncefor $24 that no one bid on. Either they avoided it because it was pirated, or there's not much interest and you could get it for a decent rate should it come on again.

I didn't know Hockey was going for that much. I remembered seeing it going for around sixty complete. I suppose there was a war.

The track and field/games that came out in the US tend to have lower prices.

others(kakutou densetsu, nekketsu soccer league) seemed to be going for 20+ to -50 range if memory serves. I haven't seen most of them in a while.

3. A few things:

Yes, Super Spike V'Ball was a port of US Championship V'Ball. For some reason, Nintendo changed the title when they picked up the NES version. I preferred the NES title myself actually.

$120 for Nekketsu Hockey? That's WAAAAAAY too much. I got my copy for $50 in mint condition (I do mean mint, as in never removed from it's box before).

Nekketsu Street Basket is the only Kunio game that goes for really high prices in Yahoo Japan, aside from the PCE version of RCR and the Neo-Geo version of Super Dodge Ball (which was only released in MVS, the home carts were bootlegs made by the con-artists of Neo-Geo Freaks).

4. I thought it was Super Spike V-Ball.

I have the NES World Cup/ Super Spike V-Ball dual cart. I picked it up for a cool .25 cents a few years back.

As for the Neo•Geo Super Dodge Ball, the loose MVS cart really should be chilling in the $120-$150 range (JPN, US should be higher). But the complete kit has dropped in price slowly over time.

I think people found out how much it was going for and slowly saturated the market.

It used to be you could get $500 for a complete US MVS kit. Now, it's probably more like $300.

Still a lot of money, even by old MVS standards.

I just wanted to contribute further, I love Technos.

5. man Technos is like one of my top developers in the world...I just loved booting up a game and seeing Technos. My bro and I would even say "technos" out loud mockingly whenever we'd rent a new game and discover it was developed by them. Man, NES Double Dragon was the very first video game I rented. It all came down to that or Legendary Wings, and while both titles kick ass, I had to go with DD. And when Mario 3 and DD2 came out, being loyal to Technos, I got DD2 over Mario Bros 3 which everyone else went for. Of course this way I could play Mario 3 at just about anyone's house and I owned DD2. :P Man I miss Technos...

6. Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Undaunted

$120 for Nekketsu Hockey? That's WAAAAAAY too much. I got my copy for $50 in mint condition (I do mean mint, as in never removed from it's box before).
    Sell it to me.

-Tech

7. asking Johnny Undaunted to sell a Technos game? hah! good luck.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Technosphile
    Sell it to me.

-Tech
    No. I buy for keeps. If I had a spare one, I would give it to you, but since I don't

9. Kunio-kun No Jidaigeki Dayo Zenin Shuugou

Feudal japanese River City? I must own it!

Too bad its in japanese :/ You'd think that one woulda wound up translated in rom form, given how popular RCR is.
    Have a Pile of Shame? Destroy it! Join the Warpact

10. There is a translated rom. Look at the screenshot Neo supplied.