Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stake: Fortune Fighter, Metal Dungeon, Blackstone

1. Stake: Fortune Fighter, Metal Dungeon, Blackstone

A couple of obscure Japanese releases that got US releases for the Xbox. Anyone try them?

Blackstone is a Gauntlet style title.

Metal Dungeon is a RPG with (I think) random dungeons.

Stake: Fortune Fighter is a Power Stone clone with a $20 price tag. *-neo

2. Stake is the worst fucking game on Xbox.

BUY IT! ITS GREAT!
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

3. They're all from Xicat and they all suck horribly.

I'd rather rip my heart right out of my rib-cage with my bear hand and then throw it on the floor and stomp on it 'til I die than play those games.

4. I'm pretty sure Stake had a US developer, though it's so terrible I doubt it matters.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

5. I played Stake at E3, and it was probaby the worst game I experienced at the show. Crezzy-bad!

6. Stake was published by Metro3D, not Xicat, and was done by a Taiwan-based company (pretty sure).

Is Blackstone that terrible? It has really nice... character designs.

Metal Dungeon looked like crap on that video that was on one of the Xbox demo discs. It was developed by Panther who made that shitty first-person game Space Griffon VF-9 on PS1 and DC.

8. stake is taiwanese in origin, yes. metro3d didn't send a copy to gamespy for review because it was so horrible.

blackstone isn't japanese either. it was developed by a taiwanese company called xpec entertainment, and it's complete fucking rubbish as well. the odd thing is that i reviewed it for XBN in like october or november of 02, and it didn't show up on shelves in the US until like .. march. and in japan till like may. which was even weirder. so i'm wondering if xicat accidentally told people to review beta copies (i doubt the xbn guys fucked up.) at any rate, the game seemed quite done on the review copy, and beyond hope as well.

metal dungeon was a japanese xbox launch title and got like, 4s and 5s in famitsu, for whatever that's worth. i've always wanted to try it since it's the only japanese RPG for xbox, but i'm expecting it to be poo. when it's like $5, which seems inevitable, i'll pick it up. of the three, it is actually japanese. it was developed by panther software, the people who made space griffin vf9 for PS1, and its sequel for DC which didn't come out here. i've never played either space griffin game.

9. No one got my Weird Al reference.

10. "Then spend one more minute with you..."