Thread: Summer Swimsuit Contest!!

1. Summer Swimsuit Contest!!

Heres an almost final pencil version of Haruhara Haruko (sp?) from FLCL. For my "official" submission into the contest imma gonna ink and color this so crits comments etc welcome
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	haruko.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	3368  

2. she has a tummy! ^^

mmm...I like the pose, the suit...all that's left are colors. I dunno...maybe get some colors that relate to her hair, or pull the local colors from her guitar for the suit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

3. Hehe... FLCL is sweet. Anyway, nice piece . I think you need to fix her left arm... the elbow seems to look a bit too long. No biggie. It's better than missing a toe on each foot (see my Hulk pic ).

4. FLCL? I even asked what it was in the anime thread, and everyone just turned their noses up at me? Is it good? -what is it about? /OT

5. That's strange. The guys in the anime board should have known what it is. Anyway, it's somewhat of a mech-comedy made by Gainax. I won't say more . Highly recommended.

6. if just on techincal style alone, you should check out FLCL. All the cels were hand-painted (as opposed to so many people jumping the PhotoShop wagon), it has some of the fastest, most fluid fights, and it's just funny and weird to watch. MUCH better than Neon Genesis Evangelion (bleh).
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

7. update

Quote Originally Posted by Hero
    if just on techincal style alone, you should check out FLCL. All the cels were hand-painted (as opposed to so many people jumping the PhotoShop wagon)
    based solely on this review, I was under the impression that FLCL was digitally colored.

http://www.animeondvd.com/reviews2/d...views/1728.php

FLCL marked the move to serious digital work for Gainax, and it shows with a stunning piece of work that utilizes colors masterly.
    hero- thanks for the suggestions, If I ever re-do the sloppy CG job on this I will use the a blue themed swimsuit.

mr.dandy- you wouldnt believe what a small margin that was off by, luckily i saw this message befor ei inked it as you'll see its been corrected. I dont think i can beat 4 toes but at one point haruko had 2 right ankles on the same side.

furyfox- do yourself a favor and go see the series, its one of those series that is best watched without any preconceived ideas of what it is about.
    A lot of it is about STYLE and presentation (including a KICK-ASS soundtrack). I could go on but .. you know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	haruko-color.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	3409