Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3747495051

Thread: Nip/Tuck

1. I didn't like last weeks episode, but last night's was damn good. The return of Eva! And piece of shit Matt! It never ends with him! Until the final episode anyway. The promo for the last show bummed me out.

2. The final episode airs tonight! The last episodes have been good by and large, I hope they end it strong.

3. And it's all over. I've been thinking about it for awhile and I'm pretty happy with how it ended. There was no bat shit crazy murder spree or disaster that claimed half the cast, all the stories wound up in logical places I think.

I knew Sean and Christians relationship/partnership had to stop, I was sort of right that one of them would have to die to sever their ties. I never considered Christian to be the one to make the decision and necessary actions to end the business clean and clear. Sean burying his feelings and being complacent with his position in life wasn't the answer and wasn't going to work (as seen by Sean passing out with the girls). The patient for the episode really mirrrored Christian (as seen by his smile during the interview), the guy knew what he loved and embraced every second of it until he dropped dead. Being shown that Sean could never pull the trigger, Christian knew he had to. Julia moving on showed him it's possible to get away and knowing what he did to Kimber will haunt him to the day he dies was enough to not let history repeat itself. The last few scenes of the show were done really well. Everyone slowly peeling away and then Christian in the airport bar doing what he does best, the same way he met Kimber. The last scene with Sean and Christian seemed pretty fucking awkward though...but I guess that's how it really should be.

Matt is just a trainwreck and knows it. He can't handle life by himself, he has to have a dominate person watch him and tell him what to do. It was surprising that he actually managed to come up with a convincing argument for Ava to let him tag along. Who knows, maybe the two pieces of shit will be able to live together.

While there was a lot of "LAST SHOW!" moments (like the revolution around the last dinner table) I'm happy with general feel of the end. You know that everyone is still going, this particular stretch of life is over. While everyone is going their separate ways, they could still be in contact with each other here and there. For the most part there isn't a smoldering wreckage left behind in their relationships.

They of course did get away with murder. Dumping that last woman, the investigation surrounding Escobar was barely a mention. At the end of it all, we never got a sense for Sean's relationship with his two youngest kids. Especially Conner who was more of an after thought since season 4. The kids always took a back seat on the show (Matt did get a lot of screen time) but the last scene where the kids leave dinner, it was like "cya around extras!". Never got the feeling that Sean would miss Conner at all since he never saw the kid.

Nip/Tuck has had it's ups and downs to say the least, but it's still one of my favorite TV shows ever made. I'm going to watch the first 2 seasons again soon to walk down memory lane again. While it's time is certainly done, I am going to miss looking forward to new episodes.

4. Why did News Corp pull the final few eps off of Hulu? They have stake in the site. I meant to bring this up earlier but it's bugging me now. They decided not to put up the last few episodes of Nip/Tuck and now I have to wait for Netflix to get them.

5. I just saw the finale. I didn't really like it too much. They brought back past elements for shock value it seems. At least they didn't acknowledge the dumb killer.