Page 1 of 33 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: The *Official* Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution Thread

The *Official* Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution Thread

As you all should know by now, VF4:EVO comes out on August 12th for a mere $20. I'd suggest you pick it up if you are even only mildly interested in fighters. It is a vast improvement over VF4 (better graphics, better 1p mode, 2 new characters, new moves, new arenas, new soundtrack, new extras, etc.), and could have been called VF5. Here you can talk about everything pertaining to EVO.

It got a 10, 9, 9.5 from EGM
    http://images.southparkstudios.com/i...news/1632a.gif

CRAB PEOPLE!!!! CRAB PEOPLE!!!! TASTE LIKE CRAB, TALK LIKE PEOPLE!!!

2. Are there any changes from the import version?

Yes. The 10th anniversary thing is included with the US version.

4. This is one of my most anticipated games of the year, and probably second-most anticipated PS2 game. I can't wait to try out the new modes, especially the VF 10th anniversary one.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

5. Yes. The 10th anniversary thing is included with the US version.
    Blargh. The import version still has the VF1 stages and models, though, doesn't it?

I believe it only has one VF1 stage

7. I'll definitely be picking it up. I sold off my VF4 for 10 bucks or so, since I assume EVO has everything in 4 and more. I definitely liked VF4, but, there's no one around here that plays it, and no arcade cabinets. Hopefully the 1-player stuff will be robust enough to keep me interested until I can convince some people into learning it.

-and I hope the graphics really are improved, because as nice as VF4 (PS2) was, it looked pretty ugly compared to DOA3 and Tekken 4...it's hard to not let that bias you a bit.

I've already got this game preordered.

Does anyone know if this game can import any saved data from the original Virtua Fighter 4? I know that the new game is not out in the US yet, but maybe someone with Japanese or European versions of both games has tried this already.
    "PSP will elevate portable entertainment out of the handheld gaming ghetto." -- Kaz Hirai

9. 10th anniversary what now?! It's going for $20? Hmmm... b*tch. Oh, well, at least I'm playing it right now .

And which import version are you guys talking aboot?

10. FuryFox, Evo apparantly lacks the Kumite mode, but from what I've seen of it in screens, the game's visual appearance has been smoothed out a bit, which probably won't matter much to me, since I thought VF 4 looked fine.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan