• Clean it up

16 76.19%
  • No opinion

1 4.76%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kupo!

1. Kupo!

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

2. I voted clean it up. Even though it looks great as a sketch, I think it would benefit from cleaner lines, and would be easier to color that way. Plus it forces you to work on the areas you might not as been as confident in so they're as refined as the rest during clean up.

*looks at that hand*

Heh, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I know from my experience, things like hands, lips, toes, and hair tend to be sketched in while I focus on things I'm more comfortable with (like muscle structures, breasts, accessories). Then when it's time to finish the piece, I have to work extra to make them match, since I was just sort of letting my mind fill in for the sketchy parts, seeing how they would be done (and of course, in my mind, it looks great).

Another thing to note, sketchy art is great, and people love to look at it, but unless it's fine art, they don't want to pay for it (generally). It's good practice to have a routine for "finishing" your pieces...then once you're famous, they can oogle and buy your sketchbooks as pieces unto themselves

3. I like the sketcy style but i vote to clean it up.
    You could keep the sketchy style but at least make the lines clearer.
    The shoulder looks a bit sharp..

That's it.I'm gonna do a Cactuar swimsuit..
    Damnit!!GEO!!!!!

4. woo! That's what I was gonna do next. But maybe I'll try something with Tonberry...

5. are those testiclces on Mog?

6. No, it's fur. If you look at Final Fantasy 9 (I was using a FF9 art book for ref), some moogles are all fuzzy around the neck, others at the bottom, and some not at all.

7. I like the sketchy look to it, and I don't think it's look any better with really crisp and sharp lines. BUT, it wouldn't hurt at all to give it a little clean-up as far as stray pencil marks go.

Good work, by the way. ^_^

It's really good as is, but my one vice is that stray line on the butt of the moogle. I think it would be surprisingly better without that one line. But that's just my take.

9. please use soap. Don't forget to wash behind the ears! (that bastard dirt gets behind there so well)
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."