Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies that get a bad rap but don't deserve it

1. Movies that get a bad rap but don't deserve it

If you think about it, We all could have missed some classic movies because everyone said that they were shit. Post movies that you think were wrongfully accused of being a turd.

Vanilla Sky - Perfect point in case, and the inspiration of this thread. I steered clear of this movie for ages because I heard it sucked ass. This was bagged out horrendously for some reason, but I watched it today, and I think it really isn't a bad movie at all. I haven't seen the original movie, so I can't compare them or anything, but this movie was well shot and the story was unique, if a little predictable. Oh, and the soundtrack throughout was fucking awesome. It had everything from Radiohead to Underworld.

Freddy Got Fingered - This is often thought of as the worst movie ever, but i think its a thousand times funnier than alot of the other crap comedies that have been released in recent years. Sure, its utterly disgusting and down right disturbing at times, but the really funny bits are the unoffensive classic dialog that only a genius like Tom Green could deliver.

The transporter - I'm surprised at how much hate this movie gets. The story is simply a means for the action to take place, which i thought was really awesome. Some of the fighting in it was ridiculous, but thats why its good! People need to learn how to turn their brains off and enjoy the ride.

I'm sure I could think of more if I sat here and thought really hard, but I gotta get to bed.

Seen all 3 of em, they are ok but nothing special.

I like most horror films and most of em get no respect.

3. Hudson Hawk.

It's infinitely stupid and ridiculous, but damn, I love it.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

4. Take Equilibrium for example. Most of the online reviews were bad, and so was its box office record. Does it makes movie bad? Well, most of the people who actually cared to watch it, would say otherwise.

Many hate Double Team and Knock Off, but I, along with Ssbomberman, love them. As Arjue said, just turn off your brain and enjoy the action.

Same can be said about people who rant and rant who bad Charlies Angels is. What did you expected??? A Oscar Winning Drama??? Its highly campy, stupid action movie. Again, turn off your brain and have fun.

And as Korian mentioned above me, horror films dont get any respect.

P.S - Bio - I love Hudson Hawk too. Another example of action camp, that doesnt take itself seriously.

5. As soon as I read the title to this thread the first movie that came to my mind was "Vanilla Sky". I think it's a pretty good story but the soundtrack through out the moive just makes it.

6. The Transporter is one of my favorite movies!

7. Slackers. This movie was in theaters for all of a week, got slammed by critics and probably managed to lose a fair amount of money. I love this movie. This is Jason Schwatzman's best performance, he does a great job as cool Ethan. There are just so many funny parts, I see something new all the time, and i've watched this movie a ton. Once i make people watch it, they all agree that it's great. I think it's going to be similiar to Mallrats, no one saw it in theaters but it's currently in every college student's DVD collection.

I also rented The Hot Chick last weekend and thought it deserves better than its reputation.

8. I thought The Transporter was pretty mediocre (though I think Jason Statham is awesome). What was really funny was that my friend really wanted to watch it because of the commercial on TV that showed him deflecting a rocket with a trash can lid. He was sorely disappointed when we saw the movie, only to find it was cut out.

My bid for a movie that got a bad rap was A.I., though the middle seemed to keep droning on, I thought the ending was pretty sad and conveyed the movie's theme pretty well.
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia

9. Glitter

10. Any of Shaq's movies. Damn that man has talent; I wish he'd make more.