Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More new info on Spiderman 2, Van Helsing, etc

1. More new info on Spiderman 2, Van Helsing, etc

Spiderman 2:

"SDCC: Spider-Man 2 (Part 2): Most astounding of Comic Con's Spidey presentation was the footage which looks like something out of a hardcore R-rated sci-fi/horror film rather than a PG-13 action epic. The clip is set after the 'industrial accident' in which the tentacles have become infused into an unconscious Ock's verterbrae - hospital sheets are drapped over these giant unmoving tentacles easily about the size if not bigger than an Anaconda each. As one of the doctors is about to saw off one of them, he senses a movement, and turns...nothing. He starts again and this time hears something, turns around only to see the claws have come to life. From then on its like something out of Evil Dead, doctors and nurses are picked up like rag dolls and thrown through and against walls, screaming, the claws gripping into them and throwing them around - its cut fast and intense and by the end all of the staff is seemingly dead - either crushed to death or limbs seemingly severed. Some very Raimi-esque bits here including a chainsaw gag as one of the struggling doctors tries to cut off an arm, a POV tentacle shot which is very Evil Dead-esque, and so on. Then one of the tentacles almost lovingly nudges Ock awake and takes off the blindfold, he stands and screams "NO" as the claws flex (looks like they've got a mind of their own which opens up some good possibilities)."

Van Hellsing:

"SDCC: Van Helsing: One of the other biggies was Stephen Sommers monster epic which had the biggest panel of the con along with some darn sweet footage. No dialogue was seen and the music was Bram Stoker's Dracula for a lot of it, but otherwise it was a fast cut non-FX clip with some pretty revealing stuff. Plenty of Hugh Jackman in Van Helsing garb swinging down flying foxes or jumping around in only a loincloth Tarzan-style, Kate Beckinsale in riding pants and a red shirt being seduced by Dracula and kicking some ass, Richard Roxburgh as Drac though looking quite different (Roxburgh's normal look but with black hair and a few long bangs), and brief hints of David Wenham as Igor. There was also looks at Frankenstein, Will Kemp as Wolf Man (no makeup sadly), and glimpses of scenes such as the astonishing looking ballroom dance scene in Drac's castle which looks like a live-action version of "The Masque of the Red Death". Cinematography is beautiful on this and the action seems pretty cool too. Jackman, Beckinsale, Roxburgh, Sommers, Kemp and a few others were on hand for the panel afterwards - Jackman was keen on the idea of a sequel it seems although to the crowd his belting out of Grease's "Summer Lovin'" song was went over well."

Kill Bill:

"SDCC: Kill Bill & The Vega Bros.: Both Quentin Tarantino and Michael Madsen were on hand to promote "Kill Bill" this weekend and inevitable question of whether the teamup of Madsen and John Travolta's characters from QT's previous films is still going ahead. Tarantino responded: "I might write the Vega Brothers, I don't think that I can really do it as a movie anymore. I think Michael Madseon & John Travolta just got a little too old to do a prequel to a movie they did ten years ago". Tarantino also touched upon the issue of splitting up "Kill Bill" into two volumes and the good news is for fans, he expects the release of Volume Two to be within three months (at max) of the first film. The reason for the split came from Harvey Weinstein it seems who didn't want to cut anything out and suggested the idea to Tarantino. Soon after he screened the first film and some of the second to Harvey who pretty much pushed the split movie idea and QT liked it so it became a lock."

2. Damn, Spiderman 2 and Van Helsing looks damn fine. I love Raimi's directing style. Here's for weird camera angles.

3. Spider-Man 2:

"Cinescape has more details on the Doc Ock character from an inside source who confirms some recent speculation. It seems that "The four claws are not identical...for very cool reasons", and each tentacle will have not only slightly different functions but also slightly different personalities although all do not want to be removed from their infusion onto Octavius' spine. Look carefully at the poster and you'll see "Each of the tentacles has the underside painted yellow like a snake belly, the yellow is a bright 'police line' kind of yellow. It really makes the tentacles look like serious machinery". Doc Ock has traded in his round goggles and white lab coat for a green trenchcoat and shades, whilst the poster art also hints at the major Ock-Spidey fight ontop of a clock tower. Finally, there's high quality wallpaper art, and some screen caps of the Con footage online. Thanks 'CK'."

4. So what ties, if any, does Van Helsing have to Hellsing?

5. Sounds great, are there any pics from Van Helsing or Spiderman 2 online? I'd love to see the Doc Ock design...

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. Love the sound of Spiderman, Doc Ock sounds like one bad motha...
    Freedom is a road seldom travelled by the multitude...

7. Doc Oc pic...

"Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert

8. Freakin cool...
    Freedom is a road seldom travelled by the multitude...

9. Quote Originally Posted by kabuki
    So what ties, if any, does Van Helsing have to Hellsing?
    The Helsing Organization is named for Van Helsing. Integra is his blood relative.

P.S. There's no "K" in Doc. Oc.

10. im sick of these vague ass marvel posters. "2 july 2004". just fucking write spiderman 2. they did the same shit with xmen 2. anyway i saw an interview with tobey and he said the stunts are a LOT more grueling than the first which should be good. who's the other baddie? i thought there were two this time?