Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: May

1. May

May is one of the best movies I've seen in a while. Angela Bettis (Bless The Child) stars as May, a veteranarian's assistant who is just a little off. She's introverted and and has difficulty making friends.

May has the hots for a mechanic named Adam (Jeremy Sisto, Clueless). He thinks May is weird, but he "likes weird", as well as Dario Argento movies. He eventually realizes that May just might be too weird and starts to blow her off.

This starts May to begin losing it, as more and more, everyone around her starts rejeting her. Revealing any more will possibly spoil the whole thing for anyone intersted in watching this. I suggest you not read the summary on the back of the box, either.

Just go out and buy or rent it. It's a beautiful, morbid character driven horror movie that every fan of the genre needs to see.

Adol, I'll go check this out. I'll watch any Horror, cept maybe August Underground, heh...

3. Yes, I wanted to check it out too. I almost rented it last time I was at the store, so I will definately try to pick it up this week.

4. Wow, this movie sounds very cool! In fact, I think I'll give it a rent tonight. I'll let you know what I think afterwards.

*EDIT* Okay, I just finished watching it a little while ago and all I can say is...WOW. That was a fantastic movie. Certainly one of the weirdest movies I've ever seen. Luckily, I "like weird". I think you described it best adol when you called it a "morbid character driven horror movie", though it didn't really feel like a horror movie to me...it's hard to say exactly what kind of movie it was, actually. It had this bizarre, yet quiet and unsettling atmosphere. Certainly morbid, and really, really weird.

The interesting thing is that I thought May was a really sweet, sad, lonely girl, and cute too, in a nerdy kind of way (well, when the lazy eye wasn't in effect). But that helped you feel for her character, and made it all the more affecting when she started to become unraveled. I don't really want to say any more for the same reason you didn't want to tell too much, as I don't want to give anything away. All I'll say is thank you, adol, for recommending this movie, as I don't think I would have rented it on my own (the cover is kind of generic). This is the first movie in a while that actually affected me and I truly felt like I had experienced something fresh and...well, weird. But weird in a good way. Have I said "weird" enough in this post?

One thing I have to say, though...I don't think the director of the movie meant the scene where May introduces her "best friend" to the kids to be funny, but for some reason that scene had me rolling on the floor. Come on, adol, you have to have thought so too- it was sick, but really, really goofy when compared to the rest of the movie.

Overall, a facinating movie, and one of the best ones I've seen in a long time. Thanks again.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. I must disagree with the two of you cause I thought this movie was just so-so. I mean this is just a modernized version of Frankenstein. Sure, that acting was good don't get me wrong, but I just think this movie was average.

My Movies

Service Gamers

6. Ok, I will try to rent it tomorrow. Just watched Korean Tell Me Something, and I guess it set the mood for another morbid film, so May might be just right.

7. Quote Originally Posted by The Real Gonzo
    I must disagree with the two of you cause I thought this movie was just so-so. I mean this is just a modernized version of Frankenstein. Sure, that acting was good don't get me wrong, but I just think this movie was average.
    Hi. I am a spoiler tag. I am your friend. The "Frankenstein" comment gave away the whole ending of the movie. Please use your friend the spoiler tag in the future so that you do not ruin movies for those that have not yet seen them. Thank you. That is all.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by Despair
    Ok, I will try to rent it tomorrow. Just watched Korean Tell Me Something, and I guess it set the mood for another morbid film, so May might be just right.
    I made a thread about Tell me Something here awhile ago, did you like the movie? I thought it was slow moving at times.

9. I liked it. I did fell asleep during watching it, but it was on Friday at 2:00 am

I liked the atmosphere, and all the gore, but I agree that it was little too slow in a few parts. It did reminded me somewhat of Basic Instinct with idea of Cop investigating a women with murder victims linked to her, his partner finding something that he wasnt supposed to, and best friend who isnt really who she is. Still the execution was nice, the rain and bleakness reminded me of Seven. I liked the use of theme from Sleepwalkers during a flashback into childhood, and some of the body bag discoveries were nice and tense, especially one that leads to freeway pile-up. It also has morbid ending.

I recently heard the news that there is going to be a remake of it, done by another Korean studio. Hopefully, they will tighten up the script, give more characterization, and keep the gore

10. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    Hi. I am a spoiler tag. I am your friend. The "Frankenstein" comment gave away the whole ending of the movie. Please use your friend the spoiler tag in the future so that you do not ruin movies for those that have not yet seen them. Thank you. That is all.
    If you read the back of the box you knew it was coming. Hardly a spoiler.

My Movies

Service Gamers