Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "If you don't like it, don't play it"

1. Once, in a lost version of TNL, I posted naughty things about Final Fantasy X in a pre-existing thread.

I was bashed for invading their thread with my less than great opinion of the game.

A long while later, FFX talk was kicking up again for some reason, so I made a thread just for people, like myself who did not like it.

As I figured I would be, I was bashed for that, too.

Pointless story out of the way, Bob Villa is right, and you people all have sandy vaginas.

FFX JUST WASN'T GOOD! SHEESH!
    So I forced my hands in my pockets and felt with my thumbs and gallantly handed her my very last piece of gum.

2. Sort of like intelligent people and Skies of Arcadia. *rimshot*
    OMG WAHTT R YUO S4Y1NG!?!!?!?1!111111ITSJUSTMTYOPINMIONYUOASSHOLE@!!!!1!@@@@@

3. Quote Originally Posted by PaCrappa
    I'll tell you what "sence" that makes in the form of a question: How the fuck do I know whether I like any game without having played it a bit? The statement doesn't mean never allow your wandering eye to gaze upon the screen said game is being played on. The spirit of that statement would be don't bother to pay for an experience that you don't like and don't bother getting all frustrated trying to play a game that you wished you like but don't. Like KotOR for instance.
    All I was getting at was you should say what you mean, and mean what you say. If you say one thing, but the meaning behind it has nothing to do with the words you used to say it, then change the F'ing words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

4. You don't play it: You don't support it.
    You do play it: You do support it.

The only way to play a game you hate and keep your dignity is to steal it from a very big friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman
    It seems like in a lot of these threads where people are trying to have a good debate over the pros and cons of a game/genre, or how to improve it, you always have to these people who have to jump in and say "if you don't like the blah blah blah, then don't play it."

I just find that kind of attitude very irritating. As gaming fans, isn't it our duty, our obligation, to critique what we like or don't like in games, in hopes that they can be improved? So how does this attitude of "don't like it, don't play it" serve any purpose? So it's better to just be blind ignorant consumers that simply swallow anything that is thrown at us?
    I've noticed a trend with you. This thread is similar to previous outbursts from you - that time you posted your "why do you people like exploration, or maze games" thread, or that time you couldn't understand how anyone could enjoy a game that wasn't 2D and was released after 1995. You fail to realize that people are different. Some people like to be 30 and live in their parent's basement and theorize about what would happen if homosexuals somehow created a giant laser gun that turned everyone gay, while others like to go out, accomplish things, and interact with people. It's all a matter of taste.

"If you don't like it, don't play it" is a perfectly good argument because everyone you meet isn't going to have the exact same opinions as you. I personally don't like strategy games. While I can see why someone might love Dragon Force, I don't, so I'm not going to play it. It's not that hard to understand.

6. To an extent that statement is true, for example if someone hates turn based RPG's then they should probably not play turn based RPG's, if someone hates simulation racing games then they would be better off not playing them...

What I'm saying if a person complains about a genre style they don't like then they are better off not playing those type of games since that has nothing to do with a bad game but rather preference, but if a person likes those types of games and just feels the gameplay is not up to par then this would not apply to them.

7. I think most people are smart enough to not play games in genre that they know they don't like.
    Well that's like, your opinion, man.

8. Quote Originally Posted by OmniGear
    I think most people are smart enough to not play games in genre that they know they don't like.
    One would think so, but then again you would think people are smart enough not do half the stupid things some of them do

9. Heh, I knew you were gonna say that.

You still can't just assume that someone who doesn't like a game doesn't like it simply because they don't like the genre.

Yes, people are stupid, but you have to give them the benefit of the doubt sometimes.
    Well that's like, your opinion, man.

10. I think they have a right to complain about what they don't like. This is a forum, it's supposed to be people sharing perspectives.

But if people are consistently ragging on a game, then playing it, it's hopeless. Just don't play the game. If you don't stop, fine, you're supporting the peoples product that you don't like. I think that's more it for me. If you think a games trash, don't buy in to it anymore. Things will only change through numbers.

Sadly, people on TNL won't be able to accomplish much in the numbers game, because all be told, Enter the Matrix was the best game to hit stores in the last 2 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."