Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: "If you don't like it, don't play it"

1. Quote Originally Posted by OmniGear
    You still can't just assume that someone who doesn't like a game doesn't like it simply because they don't like the genre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf
    but if a person likes those types of games and just feels the gameplay is not up to par then this would not apply to them.
    That's what I was trying to say

Yes, people are stupid, but you have to give them the benefit of the doubt sometimes.
    Yes I agree, everyone does something stupid every now and then... I know I've had my share of not so bright moments

2. Quote Originally Posted by dog$
    I think a lot of it is the same reason why if you ask certain people for too much detail as to why they like Game X, the only response you'll get is "because it's fun"; they have no idea how to express their own opinion in their own words and have to fall back on clichés and generalizations to avoid further debate on the subject.

What I find funnier is that these are usually the same exact people that will rush to tell you that you must play a game before showing disapproval of it, too. However, this tends to lead to its own vicious cycle:
    "I think Game X sucks."
    "stfu idiot thats because you dont have it nobody who owns the game would hate it"
    "... OK, I went and found Game X in a bin for $10. Still think it sucks."
    "stfu asshat u just r saying tat becuz u suck at the game. nobody thats good at the game hates it"
    "... OK. I beat the game. Still think it sucks."
    "stfu cocksmoke u hav to get 110% in the game and see the true ending to get why the game is the best evar."
    "... OK. I can now beat the game using any character in less than 5 minutes and can get the super-duper ending each time. I still think the game sucks."
    "well if u think the game sucks why did u buy it and play it so much. haha u owned yourself fagot"
    That fucking ruled.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf
    To an extent that statement is true, for example if someone hates turn based RPG's then they should probably not play turn based RPG's, if someone hates simulation racing games then they would be better off not playing them...

What I'm saying if a person complains about a genre style they don't like then they are better off not playing those type of games since that has nothing to do with a bad game but rather preference, but if a person likes those types of games and just feels the gameplay is not up to par then this would not apply to them.
    I agree with Werewolf here. I cant understand some people, who would complain about the game, but Continue to play it and complain more? Just quit, if you not liking it, and spare people who do from reading your complaints. If you dont like certain genre dont play it, since chances are that you will still hate it, even if you try another game done in the same way, or same style.

LOL Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by voltz
    this thread =
    An appropriate description of all Opa threads.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Despair
    I agree with Werewolf here. I cant understand some people, who would complain about the game, but Continue to play it and complain more? Just quit, if you not liking it, and spare people who do from reading your complaints. If you dont like certain genre dont play it, since chances are that you will still hate it, even if you try another game done in the same way, or same style.
    Does this mean we're not going to have to hear you complain about Mario or Nintendo in general any more?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

6. Quote Originally Posted by dog$
    I think a lot of it is the same reason why if you ask certain people for too much detail as to why they like Game X, the only response you'll get is "because it's fun"; they have no idea how to express their own opinion in their own words and have to fall back on clichés and generalizations to avoid further debate on the subject.
    To be fair, sometimes one doesn't know why they like a game. For instance, take me and Blaster Master: Blasting Again.

Is the game complete and utter crap? Oh hell yes.
    Could I understand 100% why everyone else in the world including its own developers would hate playing it? Yep.
    Did I have fun playing it? Yep.
    Do I have any clue why I had fun playing it? Not in the slightest.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Captain Vegetable
    Does this mean we're not going to have to hear you complain about Mario or Nintendo in general any more?
    If they will make a game that I can enjoy, then no

But seriously, lately I trying to say anything about Big N at all. Yes, I didnt like Sunshine, I gave it an honest try, and then quit. Unlike some people I didnt continue playing it, bitchin and bitchin on how bad it is, or something simular.