Page 15 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Trivia/Riddles/Lateral Thinking Thread

1. What exactly is the new riddle? (And damn that I didn't get to your riddle (Calliander's) first. I would have posted the answer with a quickness.)
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturne View Post
    Hooooot! Fuck you. Hooooot!
    Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Pulp or die, motherfuckers. Fresh squeezed or bust.

2. Quote Originally Posted by red_war_machine
    The tide?
    That's more of an expression - the tide of the battle turned, etc.

The tide itself is controlled by gravity, closeness of the moon, whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by SapphirePhoenix
    What exactly is the new riddle? (And damn that I didn't get to your riddle (Calliander's) first. I would have posted the answer with a quickness.)
    You mean the one I answered? I worked on that for damn near an hour.

The current riddle is:

You can twirl, spin and twist, but this thing can turn without moving. What is it?

We've had some good guesses already.

Oh, and I've spoken with some co-workers and one who is very smart pointed me to a dictionary:

CORNER (cor-ner) n.
    1. The position at which two lines, surfaces, or edges meet and form an angle: the four corners of a rectangle.
    2. The area enclosed or bounded by an angle formed in this manner: sat by myself in the corner; the corner of one's eye.
    3. The place where two roads or streets join or intersect.
    4. Sports. Any of the four angles of a boxing or wrestling ring where the ropes are joined.
    5. A threatening or embarrassing position from which escape is difficult: got myself into a corner by boasting.
    6. A remote, secluded, or secret place: the four corners of the earth; a beautiful little corner of Paris.
    7. A part or piece made to fit on a corner, as in mounting or for protection.
    8. A speculative monopoly of a stock or commodity created by purchasing all or most of the available supply in order to raise its price.
    9. Exclusive possession; monopoly: “Neither party... has a corner on all the good ideas” (George B. Merry).

Doesn't help a lot, but I guess the "function" of a corner is to be the place where two lines of some sort (street, walls, etc.) meet or form an angle.

3. Somehow...I think I've heard this one before. Milk?

Truth? You can twist the truth, spin a tale, and can turn the truth into a falsehood. I don't know about twirling it...

The truth? You can twist the truth, spin the truth into a tale, and turn truth into falsehood without moving. I don't know about twirling it though...

4. Hey folks, I'm heading home from work now. It will probably take me like an hour and half, so rather than let people guess for that time, I'll just reveal the answer and let Captain Vegetable or RWM post a riddle since they actively participated.

The answer is: Milk.

Lame, I know.

5. F*CK! MY ANSWER WAS MILK....!!!!
    I couldn't post because there was a glitch in the system.

6. Milk ? Erm.... how does milk turn ? Well I guess it turns sour... but if that's it, then what's the difference between that and bread turning moldy ?

7. Milk? MILK?! Heh. Nice one. I'll post one, but later. I have to work out it's wording.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

8. From Dictionary.com:

TURN (turn)
    v. tr.

many entries, blah blah blah...
    21. To make sour; ferment: Lack of refrigeration turned the milk.

9. I'll post a riddle in which the only challenge is posting the answer faster than the other posters. It's that easy, but it will allow another person to continue the game since no one got the last one. This riddle was told to me way back when I was little, and I even got it back then.

There's this little one story red house. In this house, EVERYTHING is red. The carpet is red. The chairs are red. The tables are red. The books and the bookcase are red. The counter top is red, as is the refrigerator and kitchen sink. The commode is red. The walls are red. The shower is red. The bathtub is red. Even the doors and doorknobs are red. What color is the staircase?

10. Quote Originally Posted by Lobo
    I'll post a riddle in which the only challenge is posting the answer faster than the other posters. It's that easy, but it will allow another person to continue the game since no one got the last one. This riddle was told to me way back when I was little, and I even got it back then.

There's this little one story red house. In this house, EVERYTHING is red. The carpet is red. The chairs are red. The tables are red. The books and the bookcase are red. The counter top is red, as is the refrigerator and kitchen sink. The commode is red. The walls are red. The shower is red. The bathtub is red. Even the doors and doorknobs are red. What color is the staircase?
    blue