Page 2 of 126 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Trivia/Riddles/Lateral Thinking Thread

1. Hmm...I don't like these riddles that could have multiple answers. The first answer is legit even if it's not the answer. Likewise, everyone else could have been poisoned by the meat, which he didn't eat, and they also drank the punch. Also, the punch could have been poisoned after he left by someone else entirely. Perhaps he just didn't drink enough of the punch to get killed, since he left early.

Perhaps it's just worded vaguely, and everyone else at the party he drank the punch was poisoned with cyanide darts, and the punch was always fine.

edit: Right, someone already brought this up as I typed.

The major clue is that he left early, and that people who drank the punch subsequent to his leaving were poisoned. I'm trying to figure what early would indicate, as if the party had some sort of conceived "end" to be to leave early from.

I was also thinking that the poison could require time before becoming active, or needs to mix properly or settle in the punch. Or the poison could be in something else, like fruit in the punch, something not described in the riddle. Which of course, would be annoying, because if it's not described in the riddle, then anything we think of is as valid as the actual answer.

2. I'm trying to think if "party" or "punch" have another meaning, hence, the lateral thinking...
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia

3. Hmm. He left early. That must be part of it. Over time something must have happened. No one else stuck the poison in after he left... Was the poison in something else? Was the poison in ice possibly, and it was a solid frozen object still when he had drank the punch? And everyone else drank the punch after he had left, and after the ice had started to melt?

4. Quote Originally Posted by SiKrAiKeN
    Hmm. He left early. That must be part of it. Over time something must have happened. No one else stuck the poison in after he left... Was the poison in something else? Was the poison in ice possibly, and it was a solid frozen object still when he had drank the punch? And everyone else drank the punch after he had left, and after the ice had started to melt?
    Damn.. I forgot about the ice, that sounds right.
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia

5. Man, didnt die because he LEFT EARLY

6. Quote Originally Posted by SiKrAiKeN
    Hmm. He left early. That must be part of it. Over time something must have happened. No one else stuck the poison in after he left... Was the poison in something else? Was the poison in ice possibly, and it was a solid frozen object still when he had drank the punch? And everyone else drank the punch after he had left, and after the ice had started to melt?
    That sounds like a valid answer, but who says there's ice in the punch?

7. Quote Originally Posted by FuryFox
    That sounds like a valid answer, but who says there's ice in the punch?
    Who's to say there isn't? And who's to say that there wasn't a timer set on some sort of pill that leaks out poison, and it didn't go off until after the man left? ^_^

8. Sikraiken has the right answer. The poison was in the ice cubes. Since he left early, the ice had barely melted, so no poison. By the end of the night, the ice would have melted, and everyone drinking the punch would eventually keel over.
    Never under any circumstance scrutinize the mastication orifice of a gratuitous herbivorous quadruped.

9. Quote Originally Posted by SiKrAiKeN
    Correct.

The poison was in the ice, since he drank it and left early, it did not have time to dissolve and kill him.

You to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolffen
    Sikraiken has the right answer. The poison was in the ice cubes. Since he left early, the ice had barely melted, so no poison. By the end of the night, the ice would have melted, and everyone drinking the punch would eventually keel over.
    I'll declare the winner, thanks :P

10. Sorry. :P
    Never under any circumstance scrutinize the mastication orifice of a gratuitous herbivorous quadruped.