Page 3 of 126 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Trivia/Riddles/Lateral Thinking Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by SiKrAiKeN
    Who's to say there isn't? And who's to say that there wasn't a timer set on some sort of pill that leaks out poison, and it didn't go off until after the man left? ^_^
    That's exactly what I mean. The riddle has many correct answers, since it doesn't provide enough details or information to cull incorrect answers. Ah well... Kraiken, lay one on us!

2. Quote Originally Posted by FuryFox
    Hmm...I don't like these riddles that could have multiple answers. The first answer is legit even if it's not the answer. Likewise, everyone else could have been poisoned by the meat, which he didn't eat, and they also drank the punch. Also, the punch could have been poisoned after he left by someone else entirely. Perhaps he just didn't drink enough of the punch to get killed, since he left early.

Perhaps it's just worded vaguely, and everyone else at the party he drank the punch was poisoned with cyanide darts, and the punch was always fine.

edit: Right, someone already brought this up as I typed.

The major clue is that he left early, and that people who drank the punch subsequent to his leaving were poisoned. I'm trying to figure what early would indicate, as if the party had some sort of conceived "end" to be to leave early from.

I was also thinking that the poison could require time before becoming active, or needs to mix properly or settle in the punch. Or the poison could be in something else, like fruit in the punch, something not described in the riddle. Which of course, would be annoying, because if it's not described in the riddle, then anything we think of is as valid as the actual answer.
    Damn, you were really close. Almost there.

Quote Originally Posted by FuryFox
    That's exactly what I mean. The riddle has many correct answers, since it doesn't provide enough details or information to cull incorrect answers.
    Hence, the Q&A.

3. Quote Originally Posted by MVS
    Hence, the Q&A.
    fair enough.

4. Quote Originally Posted by MVS
    Correct.

The poison was in the ice, since he drank it and left early, it did not have time to dissolve and kill him.

You to go.

I'll declare the winner, thanks :P
    How could we know there WAS ice? It was never mentioned in the original riddle. How could I guess it was ice?

5. Quote Originally Posted by MVS
    Hence, the Q&A.
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia

6. Quote Originally Posted by MVS
    2) If you post one, you should check for answers or questions in a timely manner. Don't take 4 days or we'll just get someone else to ask a question.

7. Alright, here's one:

George and Sue were dead in the middle of the room. All that surrounded them was a pool of water and some broken glass.
    How did they die?

8. Fuck, I know this one.

They be goldfish, bowl broke.

Sorry, heard that one last year.

I heard it with 2 other names, though, which were Anthony and Cleopatra, which really threw me off.

9. Quote Originally Posted by MVS
    Fuck, I know this one.

They be goldfish, bowl broke.

Sorry, heard that one last year.

I heard it with 2 other names, though, which were Anthony and Cleopatra, which really threw me off.
    Yeesh, that was short lived. I'll have to get some friends together and make up a few of my own... ^_^

Anyhow, you got it right, you won the riddle.

10. Damn, now I have to search and find another one.

See, this was the one I heard last year:

Cleopatra and Marc Antony are lying dead on the floor. There is a broken glass next to them. How did they die?

Answer The key to this riddle lies in the readers assumption that Cleopatra and Marc Antony are the the famous Cleopatra and Marc Antony. The truth is that they are fish! Their bowl was knocked of the table in which they reside.

Anyways, this one might be totally fucked up, and vague, but I'll stay on to answer any questions:

A man is lying next to a rock. He died because of the rock. How did he die and who is he?