Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2030323334

Thread: Otogi: Myth of Demons **Official**

1. I still need to finish this. I got stuck on one of the too dark levels, and sadly never went back to it.

2. Quote Originally Posted by DjRocca
    Bump!

I played Otogi on 2nd play and I thought their was supposed to be some 2nd ending. Nothing changed? What about everyone else here?
    There is a change, but it's presented in a subtle manner. It actually makes you pay attention, which I thought was a nice touch.

First ending Raiko puts the sword of the dead man on the tomb, in the second its something belonging to the princess, implying she's dead.

It's funny. I tried playing this game again recently and found my skills has all been lost. I couldn't even clear a relatively easy level. Guess I've been away from it for too long.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

3. :S ouch, oh and I guess I did get the 2nd ending, but I find that reaaaaally subtle to see.

but how is the Princess dead? Does she have some link with Michizane?

4. Link? He was her boyfriend or lover or whatever. She was only hanging onto life in order to stop him, so once he was finally stopped, she died because that purpose had been completed. It's a bit subtle, but easier to pick up if you played with subtitles on.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

5. ooooh so that's why she says something like "finally, it is over yatta yatta". Makes alot more sense now!

A shame alot of people won't realize that. I finished it twice on second play and sorta noticed that change but didnt think it was that important.

6. goddamn i finally got my copy off of ebay now i just have to wait for it to come in. i wanted this game since it's release but could only get it now due to money. arrgh i need this game
    "I love elevators because they can never be out of order, they can only become stairs" - Mitch Hedburg

7. Ah, dude you're going to love it, that is, if you like action games based on old folklore. Otogi was a little sketchy to me at first, when I rented it I found it extremely hard. Mostly due to the wrong magic/weapon associations. When I finally bought it a month ago i finished it in one day. Great game, hope you enjoy it.

8. i can't wait. hopefiully the game and my Dane Cook cd will arrive on the same day so i can throw demons around while laughing my ass off
    "I love elevators because they can never be out of order, they can only become stairs" - Mitch Hedburg

9. w00t! Got Otogi in yesterday and got to play it for about an hour before i had to go to work. Happy to say it's everything i thought it would be and more. Only bad part is I Probably wont have any more time with it till after work Thursday morning. but at least i have it now

I've had my sealed copy since Christmas.

There need to be more hours in the day.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery