Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Heat Guy J: A Captain Vegetable anime review thread...

1. Do you have a picture of him?... please

2. Let me see...Here you go:

Human

I, unfortunatly, cannot find an image of him "all wolfed-out." His eyes glow red, and his mane is super long. Black, of course...the mane, that is.

Incedentally, his name, "Boma," comes from an old African myth dealing with Werewolves...Werelions actually. Boma is one of the cities, it is said, that this creature prowled, located in the lower Congo.

-Simba Mtu-

African mythology tells of a man-beast akin to a werewolf called 'Simba Mtu' - the lion-man. By day he is an ordinary man but by night he transforms into a man-eating lion and goes on the prowl for humans. This legend is popularised by witch-doctors who for the right price can offer protection from this scourge to villagers. (1)

The man-eater is often believed to be a lion which has been possessed by the spirit of a dead person who uses the animal to settle old scores. C. P. Ionides (5) tells of a case where a woman and her lover were attacked (in the act of copulating) and the lover killed while her husband was away for the night. Naturally the villagers suspected that the husband had used witchcraft to plan this convenient attack. From the same source comes the story of a village which had been attacked several times. When the game ranger was tracking the lion responsible superstition drove the villagers to conceal the lion's spoor to prevent him being caught although they were the ones in danger. The man-eater was thought to be immune to bullets and to have satanic intelligence. The person who informed on its whereabouts would be the next victim.

One lion who was extremely intelligent and persistent had killed 90 people over an area of over two thousand square miles over a period of many months. Eventually the villagers decided that the 'devil lion' was the slave of a wizard and decided to placate this man. Two weeks after a fee was paid a young hunter shot a lion near his village and the killings stopped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

3. Ok you got my attention, where can I get this

4. GameStop. Get the LE box, as it comes with a suplimental DVD with some cool artwork, concepts, and a behind the scenes with the Japanese voice actors.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Vegetable
    And now watch closely as I demonstrate how to attract, instantly, a fan-base of one to this series: There's a werewolf in it, too.
    Indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

5. Hook, line and sinker

I just ordered it online

6. I ordered a regular edition off Deepdiscountdvd.

Cant wait to see it.

7. Pfft, regular editions!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Vegetable

And...? What did you think?
    I meant "watch it eventually." The LE version just arrived at my house less than four hours ago. You'll have to wait a few days

Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    Do you normally not watch the DVDs you buy?
    I have a... small backlog... of DVDs. I certainly watch everything I buy... eventually. But this pile of shame is getting smaller by the day. Soon I may even overcome it !!

8. Pfft. Special Eds. Wastes of time sometimes.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Despair
    Pfft. Special Eds. Wastes of time sometimes.
    Not if it has werewolf artwork

I found the LE box for $27.95 so it wasn't that much more then the regular one

10. This sounds cool. I check it out when I get the chance, or it hits $20.