Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: Heat Guy J: A Captain Vegetable anime review thread...

1. Ok, Watched all of the disk last night. Have a mixed feelings now. First and espcially Episode 4 were Kick Ass, Episode 2 was somewhat dissapointing, and 3 rather lame, and filler material The bomb and trading card storyline wasnt all that interesting, and whats up with J and his woman creator. She's a robot freak alright

Dice, J and Boma are all great characters, especially Boma, who is BEST character in the series so far, but there are not much in the way of the storyline. Only handfull of characters, some interesting, like Dice secretary, some not.

Still, Action scenes were great, especially in the Episode 4, where Boma showed off some very impressive sword skills. I wish that Dice would get more bullets than 4 each episode, show would benefit more from more gunplay, and Dice being saved all the time by J getting tiresome a bit.

Still, I like it, and hope that next disk will be released soon, otherwise I will have to get HK boxset, and then pick up US ones, as they are released.

2. I think Dice should be getting more action, too. I love J and all, but the best action scenes occur when Dice isn't relying on him, I.E. the fight with Boma.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

3. I think they should rename the series Werewolf Boma and give Boma the main role

I heard they pushed volume 2 back to October, that sucks... I want to see more and now I have to wait 2 months to see them

4. Ha, What??? Oh well, I'm getting HK release of next 12 episodes tomorrow, then.

5. I would love to see more Boma in it, Werewolf. His character design is way cool, in both human and wolf apperances. Dice is cool, but his huge eye, somewhat over prettyfied face bugs me. I wish they went with the way Bebop characters look, aka more real like. I mean they made J look very good, why not Dice?

I love Boma's " Where is my BUNNY" line !!!

6. Let me know if Boma is in it more Despair if you could, but please no spoilers

7. Oh, Dont worry. I will keep it spoiler free. Hopefully my 2 dvds will be on the way in next few days.

8. Yeah, man. I'd love a review!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

9. I will do that, once I watch them.

I wonder how many episodes are in this series? HK dvd goes from 1 to 16, but I wonder if there are more?

10. Quote Originally Posted by Despair
    I wonder how many episodes are in this series? HK dvd goes from 1 to 16, but I wonder if there are more?
    Me too, I think it is only 16... CD Japan only has it listed as 16 episodes as well...

Japan gets robbed on anime DVD's, 5,000 yen a piece and there is only 2 episodes per DVD compared to 4 episodes that we get at half the price... man that sucks