Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9111213

Thread: Heat Guy J: A Captain Vegetable anime review thread...

1. I got to watch volume 5 of Heat Guy J Sunday, very cool indeed

The third episode on the DVD "Truth" Finally explains the whole Bunny thing with Boma, there is lot's of Boma in that one plus a nice little fight scene with him, not to mention the inside cover of the DVD case has some cool Boma sketches and ones in his wolfed out form too

2. I just received the last volume of HGJ in the mail ... this has honestly been one of the most surprisingly good animes I've run across in a while.

My expectations were non-existent at the beginning but this series has really fought for my attention, with it's solid story lines to it amazing cast of characters [everyone's so great]. I can't believe it's over ... I plan on watching the final volume tonight.

3. I ordered mine and should have it next week or so, I can't wait to watch the final volume of this series

I ordered the LE version with the box, I wonder what it looks like...

4. I watched the last volume, it was of course very good, I'm a little disappointed with the last episode though, the story was finished in such a way that it left me feeling unfulfilled ... but it left the series open for more, I wonder if someone's planning something ...

Anyway, here's the art boxes together for you.

5. Cool I can't wait to get mine now

I'm not gonna read you're spoiler, but I was wondering if you could tell me if Boma was in these more without spoiling it for me of course

6. Yes, he was in all three episodes, badass as usual.

7. Ok I watched the final volume yesterday and it was indeed great, but one thing I didn't like... Boma was in all the episodes but not for very long and they never showed him fighting and what disappointed me the most was he never wolf'd out, he always had the holo mask on

Otherwise I loved it
    Last edited by Werewolf; 20 Jul 2004 at 10:35 AM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by kabuki
    "MTV2 Turns On the Heat!
    The date is now set for the MTV2 debut of Heat Guy J! Geneon's high-energy action series will make its first appearance on Friday, February 6th at 6 PM Eastern; after that, the show is set to run on Saturdays at Sundays at various times during the afternoon and evening. For detailed time information, be sure to check your local listings!"
    source :: http://www.rightstuf.com/

Wait wait wait, WTF? Its coming to MTV2 not MTV? Who the hell gets MTV2? And I thought that channel was "Where the music's at" so why are they showing anime on there?
    That's my fricken birthday.. that will be one bloody awsome birthday present!!!! XD

9. Heat Guy J thread, wise fwom yoah gwave.
    It's funny how I bought the first volume of J two years ago at Otakon and only got around to finishing it just recently at Anime Next.
    I must say, this show kicked a superb amount of ass. After watching the whole thing through, I noticed how many small bits of foreshadowing to the climax pop up throughout to show. That is to say, I'm glad the last storyline of the show was meant to BE the last storyline, and not "Hey, we're close to episode 26. Let's finish it with something cool that we pulled out of our asses!" Everything made sense, and they didn't leave any character or dangling plot-hole out in the end. Although, Shun's fate pissed me the hell off. Makes no sense. Sure, he's helped so many in the past, but only to come out as supreme ruler in the end. Y'know, 'cause he also went and, basically, killed the government. Yeah, he deserved that pardon. Of course, it was nice to see Claire and Daisuke on the same side in the end. Admit it. You wanted to see that happen.
    All in all, I enjoyed the hell out of it.

...and, I didn't bother looking back at this year-old thread at all. Hell, I don't even know what I said prior to this. So, if I repeated something someone else has said, too bad. The moustache stays on.

10. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    That is to say, I'm glad the last storyline of the show was meant to BE the last storyline, and not "Hey, we're close to episode 26. Let's finish it with something cool that we pulled out of our asses!" Everything made sense, and they didn't leave any character or dangling plot-hole out in the end.
    No dangling plots in the end?

I finished watching an otherwise amazing series conclude and a major crime has been left unresolved.

Who stole Kyoko's bicycle?