Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sega - Namco (UPDATED FOR JM AND OTHERS WITH SUGGESTIONS)

1. I dig the comic Andrew. The only suggestion I have art wise would be to widen the comic just a bit so you could keep the first floating frame from overlapping Mr. Sega's face. That is the only weakness I see design wise. I like the joke, & I know humor is hard to translate, so good job.

You should post some of the older comics, & maybe we could chime in on weather they are dated or not. It could possibly give you fresh perspective on them.

JM

2. Quote Originally Posted by dAMON
    Your art is alright.
    I understood the story fine.
    Was it inspired by any event?
    My "business of video gaming" knowledge is a bit low..
    It was based on the fact that Sega was trying to merge with some companies, to avoid the pitfalls of running a big company. (which they were having trouble on) Namco is a gaming company that wanted to merge with them, but Sega abruptly ended the merger without much of a reason. (and Namco 'pulled out' too) So now you know the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by JM
    I dig the comic Andrew. The only suggestion I have art wise would be to widen the comic just a bit so you could keep the first floating frame from overlapping Mr. Sega's face. That is the only weakness I see design wise. I like the joke, & I know humor is hard to translate, so good job.

You should post some of the older comics, & maybe we could chime in on weather they are dated or not. It could possibly give you fresh perspective on them.

JM
    The site is up now. I wanted it to overlap, but you don't find it effective? I thought it accented the floating frame issue. But I think you may be right, overlapping the fact as opposed to something meaningless like a hand or finger, or even some of the arm would beneficial... hmm. Here's a link to the comic selection. I organized them in DVD cases, as if they're sideways in a holder:

http://www.joystickadventures.com/comics.php

The site is opened up now. I hope you'll browse it a bit, because it's sei-interactive.

Here's the first one I ever made... you can see how rough it is.

I got complimented on the character design at UltraShock and the Flash community. They said they're very abrupt and make them laugh.

I'm having fun drawing the comics though, which is the reason I am doing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. Hey JM. Go to the site tomorrow when you wake up or have time. We've uploaded one new one and the one above with the change made that you suggested.

thanks alot.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. I have que'd up your comic among the other things that I am perpetually behind on, but I think your's has a good chance of being read by the end of the week!
    Only you can stop sig pollution.