Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sega - Namco (UPDATED FOR JM AND OTHERS WITH SUGGESTIONS)

1. Sega - Namco (UPDATED FOR JM AND OTHERS WITH SUGGESTIONS)

[COMIC REMOVED AND PLACED ON SITE, OFFICIALLY, NOW] (Thanks JM)

Incase you're wondering what that's from, I'm opening up a website dedicated to comic strips (and cartoons once and awhile) about video games, movies and other things we want to talk about. www.JoystickAdventures.com/

I know what you're thinking, it's a lot like Penny Arcade. And we do mention Penny Arcade as an inspiration on the site, so we're not denying their influence. We're also not making a dime on the site right now, it has no banners or anything. Just doing it for fun.

Now, give me some feedback about the comic. I thought you guys might get a kick out of it. It is planned that this comic will go 'public' on the site next Thursday (our updating schedule is Monday and Thursday) and wanted to let you guys know.

I want to stress that the site is high on media with flash hybrided in to the site, and I also want to stress that we do not open until July 31st. Which is why there's a giant 1 on the main page and nothing else. It's a count down with 1 day remaining (tomorrow) before we go public.

I hope you like it. Give me some feedback. (other then maybe you can't load it because you don't have macromedia or its too big)

They're also not only in a 3 panelled mold as well. We just do how many panels we need.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

2. That comic doesn't make sense. to me.

edit: nevermind. I didn't realize that the kids were holding a phone in the last panel.

in other news, I am an idiot.

3. Yeah, the idea is that they prank called him and that's the reason he told Namco to take a hike. Maybe I should make the phone bigger? or not Grey so it stands out?

Do you like it, now that you understand it?
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. I have no idea. Since I didn't understand it at first and then realized what it was saying, any possible humorous effect was lost~

5. Okay.

Any suggestions?

6. Not really. Just that you should wait until you have a decent amount of comics(10?) up before you ask for people's thoughts.

7. I have 10, I guess. But 5 are a year old, before I refined the style with the floating frames and crisp lines.

JoystickAdventures.com is the site.

Wait. Not all of them are up.

8. When I say 10, I mean the ones you are actually going to put up, and not just random things you've done. Its good for people to have a decent amount of comics to check out before they comment on anything~

9. Well, they're actually 'comics'. Just really old ones. I'll let you know, but thanks for your help. I have about 5 done in the 'new style' that I have and 5 in the 'old style'. I don't think the old ones are too good, but I like the old ones.

I really like the floating frames.

10. Your art is alright.
    I understood the story fine.
    Was it inspired by any event?
    My "business of video gaming" knowledge is a bit low..
    Damnit!!GEO!!!!!