View Poll Results: What team is in the AL is going to the world series?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • New York Yankees

7 28.00%
  • Boston Red Sox

6 24.00%
  • Chicago White Sox

3 12.00%
  • Seattle Mariners

5 20.00%
  • Oakland A's

1 4.00%
  • Kansas City Royals

1 4.00%
  • Minnesota Twins

2 8.00%
Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: AL team heading to the world series this year. (A poll)

1. AL team heading to the world series this year. (A poll)

Yeah you heard me right, twice.

Acquiring, lefty curve-flipping freak Scott Saurbeck from the Pirates, and now righty dominant power closer Scott Williamson. The Bosox have now gone from having the laughing-stock bullpen of the year to probably the best bullpen in the AL.

Offense has been this teams strong point the whole year (we are first or second in the AL I can't remember) in so many different categories it boggles my mind, Bill Mueller is a guy we got for no money who has turned out to be like the best hitter ever (.330avg 13hr 69 RBI), and the team batting average for the first three months of the year was above .300.

This sox team for the first time in however long I can remember, has not officially choked after the all-star break.

So I ask you now fellow sports-fans, if there are any, who's year is it in for the AL? Who's going to the world series? Advertise your team and tell me why you think you should win.

Oh and any yankee's fans can choke it as far as I'm concerned. Because for the first year in however long I remember, George's money couldn't buy him a team that is miles above an beyond the rest of the leauge. I've got an ear to ear smile, cause apparently we (the Bosox) are about as of my writing this before the trade deadline, about to acquire an ace or secondary starter from someone that good old Jorge Stein wanted, if this happens I expect him to die of a heart attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Oldham
    Sing a song of Madeleine-Mary
    A tune that all can carry
    Burly says if we don't sing
    Then we won't have anything...

2. NL

Quote Originally Posted by youandwhosearmy
    who's year is it in for the AL?Advertise your team and tell me why you think you should win.
    By that you mean who is going to lose to the Expos - because no team deserves it more and because it would be great to see them give the proverbial two-fingers to MLB.

Oh yeh, and I hope they beat Toronto, for Brisco Bold's sake and because it would give MLB the two-fingers twice.

3. I can see your disdain sggg, but I think the red sox (haven't won a pennant since 1918) and the Cubs (even longer I think), would have something to say about no one deserving it more.

Haha but the Expo's definately do. When I was younger I used to get the Expo's confused with the Astro's all the time...

4. Well, I'd actually like to see the Red Sox win too. It would be a great story. Growing up a Yankee hater in the NY area, I always had a certain fondness for the team (except in 1986!). When I was little my dad - a Yankee fan - took me to a Yankee v- Red Sox game at Yankee Stadium, and I made him buy me a Red Sox t-shirt and I wore it proudly. Muhaha..

ps, the Red Sox have won several of AL pennants since 1918 - just not a World Series.

5. I know, but we are shooting for the stars over here in Boston. A pennant would be nice, but the moves they are making right now (seriously its ridiculous just go look at their website) either show signs of complete insanity or because this team is going to win the world series and our new owner will not have it any other way. I can't ever remember an owner in baseball constantly butting heads with George Steinbrenner and winning.

And props to the red sox shirt thing with your dad, thats a beautiful thing for a boston resident to hear.

6. Curse
    Of
    The
    Bambino

Keep dreaming.
    -Kyo

7. hahaha, I will thank you.

8. Is this about Football, Dan?

9. As a huge Mets fan (yea..they stink..so what ) I would love to see the Red Sox run right past the Yanks.. just to see what Steinbrenner would do. It would be great baseball theater to see Mt. Steinbrenner erupt! The trades that the BoSox made were excellent and they now have a good fortified bullpen though Kim still seems worrysome to me as a closer for some reason..but he's young and there's plenty of time for him to grow.

The Yanks made some questionable moves to strenghten their sorry bullpen (thanks for taking Benitez from the Mets! ...now you shall feel our pain! hee hee)...I mean..Jesse Orosco?? why... I hear rumors of Aaron Boone maybe becoming a Yank which would be a great movie as Ventura is just about done and Aaron is quite young and can give the Yanks some good quality years at third.

All in all I still say the Yanks are the team to beat in the East until some team beats them...but they do look far more vulnerable this year and the BoSox look like they can do it! If there's a year they can take the Yanks its this year.

10. Quote Originally Posted by youandwhosearmy

Haha but the Expo's definately do. When I was younger I used to get the Expo's confused with the Astro's all the time...

Heathen! NL pwns and Astros pwn the NL.
    o_O