Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golden Axe 2 opinions

1. Golden Axe 2 opinions

I am just finishing off my Mega Drive collection and i've realised that I don't have any Golden Axe games mainly because:

-Golden Axe is way better in arcade form so I just play that on my Xbox.
    -Golden Axe 3 is complete crap (from what little I can remember).

I can't remember anything about #2 though. Is it any good? Bare in mind i'm a huge fan of old skool Sega; games like ESWAT, Shadow Dancer, Bare Knuckle 2 etc are really my bag. Thanks.

2. I like Golden Axe 2.

There isn't much of an improvement on the original GA. You can pick how much magic you use and you can choose which direction to throw an enemy. I think that's about it. It plays exactly like you'd expect, but it's solid and has some nice music.

3. Golden Axe 2 is quite the bomb, IMHO. It suffers from some bad choice of palettes so the game doesn't look at pretty as the first, but gameplay-wise it's just as good if not better. There are some really cool new enemies, Minotaurs, Lizardmen, etc...

And oh yes the music rocks too.
    Right, because if anything validates the existance of a handheld piece of shit, it's taking those shitty handheld games and placing them on a screen big enough so that the inherent flaws of the software is visible to all humans. Including Ray Charles.

4. All I remember about Golden Axe 2 is that it featured the best bitmapped ass of the entire 16 bit era when you walked diagonally-up with the female warrior.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Chibi Nappa
    All I remember about Golden Axe 2 is that it featured the best bitmapped ass of the entire 16 bit era when you walked diagonally-up with the female warrior.
    Werd!

JM

6. Not as long or good as the first, but that level with the multi-scrolling lava is tight, some of the graphics are nice but as a whole, not much of a step up or improvement over GA1 which IS dissapointing. But the new characters are all very very cool and the music is probably the best part of the game.

Golden Axe 2 was one of my biggest disappointments. I was hoping it would surpass the first game but instead I was treated to a game with worse graphics, art, sound and gameplay than the original.

That being said, I still liked GA2. At least it let you choose how much magic you wanted to use. It's still better than 3 anyway.

8. Yeah, I wouldn't say its better than the first in any way either, but the first is one of the greatest games ever IMHO so the 2nd one is still pretty decent.
    Right, because if anything validates the existance of a handheld piece of shit, it's taking those shitty handheld games and placing them on a screen big enough so that the inherent flaws of the software is visible to all humans. Including Ray Charles.

I'm sure most Golden Axe fans know this already but check out Alien Storm if you haven't already. It feels a lot like Golden Axe aside from the futuristic theme. The arcade version is obviously the best but I still love the Genesis port.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Sidez
    -Golden Axe 3 is complete crap (from what little I can remember).
    *shrugs*
    I dunno.
    I liked what I played.
    Then again, I've never played 2, so I can't judge 3 off of it.