Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Features that no or few games have that you think all games need

1. Put me down for fully customizable controls. Granted, the majority of the time buttons are mapped in sensible places, but what works for one person might not be so kosher for another. I remember specific reviews, like with dave dient-however the hell you spell his name where he was vehement about letting people remap the buttons the way they want. He felt the turok control scheme was the way it should be played. Why force it on people.

2. all games need to have a sound test option....with a fade button of some type so that when you wanna record there isn't that sudden stop in the music when you want it to end.

3. Scoring awards like in Smash Bros Melee. Mostly an issue with project justice but i'd like to acually KNOW why i got the round bonus of 100,000 one round and 7,600 the next with the same amount of life

4. As far as Xbox games go, all of them should be automatically compatible with the memory cards, at least at the system screen. Not being able to back-up save files from hard drive to memory card on games like DoA3 and JSRF really pisses me off. Dreamcast always had the best save system.

Games need more save files. I want more than three save slots in JSRF, damnit !!

And yeah, every game should have play stats, like total time played, etc.. That stuff is cool.

- Kabuki

5. No one else wants a frame gallery? Oh well. I think it'd be damn cool. They'd have to come up with a menu system to organize it by character and action or something because 8000 pictures would be kind of hard to sort through on your own, but it would still be damn cool.

6. Originally posted by Chibi Nappa
    No one else wants a frame gallery? Oh well. I think it'd be damn cool. They'd have to come up with a menu system to organize it by character and action or something because 8000 pictures would be kind of hard to sort through on your own, but it would still be damn cool.
    i don't really look at any galleries in any game, so a frame gallery is not big on my list of wanted features.

7. Standard RPGs need standard control layouts, or at least custom layouts. Every standard RPG has the select button, the deselect button, the menu button, and the "run faster" button. When you switch RPGs and the buttons change function, the result is an aggravating mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

TheSCHLONG! Guest
    i think galvatron misinterprited what i meant. everyone else got it right. i was playing the new Bond game the other night and theres 4 preset control layouts...none of which TOTALLY suited my fancy. it would have been nice to put jump on the button "I" wanted and shoot on the button "I" wanted instaed of some crack ass playtesters idea of a good control setup.