Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Official "TACTICS OGRE: Knight of Lodis" thread

The Official "TACTICS OGRE: Knight of Lodis" thread

Yes, it's that time. Anyone on this board who pays attention to my posts (I'm sure there is not many, but whatever) knows that I have been anticipating this game for some time. According to EB, this game will ship on 5/6, much earlier than intially anticipated. very nice. So, I figured that this game deserves a dedicated thread and I'm sure the strat-RPG fans here will agree.
    So you know, this game is not a straight port of the SNES/PSX game. It is an new game whose storyline fills in the gaps between Tactics Ogre (JP) and Ogre Battle 64. Atlus, must believe in the power of the GBA to grace it with a complete new installment of the series.
    Post you comments, questions, reactions and thoughts right here. Only 2 weeks to go!!

2. I wasn't aware of the release date getting pushed up, but that rocks regardless!

Check out the official Tactics Ogre website that Atlus just went live with also:

http://www.atlus.com/toa/index.html

Doesn't give away a whole lot about the game, but it has some nice sprite rips, and screen captures. Not to mention it's a great place to start if you don't know alot about the game.

I wasn't aware of the release date getting pushed up

Yes, I was as surpised as you are. Original ship date was 5/17, I believe and it is now 5/6. It most definitely rocks!

4. I picking up the TV GBA adapter before I get TO, because I anticipate I'll be spending a TON of time with this (and FFT later this year) game.

Only thing I hope is it's not as focused on raising levels as the first game was. It seemed like you had to spend WAY to much time fighting your own party to gain levels than you should be.

5. Great news about the accelerated release date. I loved Ogre Battle 64 and this could be the perfect trainride game for me.

TV GBA adapter

oooo!!! Good idea...where might one obtain this?

7. Originally posted by amerlop

oooo!!! Good idea...where might one obtain this?
    http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categorie...p?pf_id=219897

8. Re: The Official "TACTICS OGRE: Knight of Lodis" thread

Originally posted by amerlop
    It is an new game whose storyline fills in the gaps between Tactics Ogre (JP) and Ogre Battle 64.
    Actually, the original Tactics Ogre (along with the original Ogre Battle) was released for the PlayStation in America by Atlus, so there is no need to put the JP next to it. Although, only a few copies were release, so I don't blame you if you haven't heard about it. Also, Ogre Battle 3 is set before Tactics Ogre, not the other way around.

9. This will probably be the next game i purchase. I don't like the battle games much, but the tactics games are great. perfect game for the GBA.

Are you sure it comes before Tactics Ogre, cuz I read on a few different sights that it come after TO and before OB64?