Thread: Burnout released on Cube and Xbox

1. Burnout released on Cube and Xbox

Fans of arcade-style driving games may want to give this one a rent.

It's a checkpoint-based driving game that sends you speeding along streets & roads thick with commuter traffic, racing against other competitors. The crashes are nicely bone-crunching, and the blur effect during turbo boost is pretty impressive. It's easy to control, and the physics engine is a nice mix of arcade and sim.

The visuals are improved over the PS2 version released last year - the shimmering was one of my few gripes with it - and the Cube rev has 5.1 Dolby and tighter control than the Xbox version (this according to gamespot's reviews). It's no PGR or Rallisport visually, but the amount of activity on the screen is quite an accomplishment. Multiplayer is also very enjoyable.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

2. Yea! Yes! It's out, it's out, it's out! I can finally go buy my second copy! Whoo-hoo!

God, I've been wanting to play this game so much lately, everytime I go to the store there's only a handful of games I'm willing to pay full price for, most of which I already own. Glad it's out on GC and XB. Now, to try and find out which is the better version...

3. hmmm I thought automatically the Xbox version would be best but as it seems the GC version is the superior one

if anyone finds any more comparisons or plays both, give us your impressions

I want to know exactly how the Xbox controls are a more """sluggish"""
    http://www.bioweapons.com/images/GN3Guyvers.jpg

Most OVERRATED videogame of ALL Time

-GTA3

"Well, I have lots of impressions about the PS2 (smiles)...if you turn off that recorder I'll tell you some things (laughter)"
    -AM2's Yu Suzuki

4. Gamespot:
    For owners of multiple consoles trying to decide on one version of the game, the Xbox version's improved visuals put it ahead of the PlayStation 2 version, but it falls just short of the GameCube iteration because of its lack of Dolby support and somewhat sluggish controls.
    Well, unless anyone else has something else to bring up, I suppose I'll be getting the GC version. Not that I mind, I love that controller.

Hmm... this game has looked pretty interesting. Maybe I'll pick it up in mid-late May, since I have a lot of games piling up at the moment.

6. I don't know if this is a mix up or what, but gamecube doesn't support 5.1 audio, and no, pro-logic II doesn't count. Did they confuse thier cubes and X-Boxes?

Burnout is great, quite an intense racing game. I love it on PS2 but I'm definitely going to check out the other versions before I decide which one to get.

8. It'll be worth it for the graphic upgrades. I had to sit damned close for PS2 Burnout because of those damned jaggies (I personally had hoped to never complain about something normally so minor, but it truly affects the game horribly here), it'll be nice to see where I'm going more clearly.

9. Originally posted by MechDeus
    It'll be worth it for the graphic upgrades. I had to sit damned close for PS2 Burnout because of those damned jaggies (I personally had hoped to never complain about something normally so minor, but it truly affects the game horribly here), it'll be nice to see where I'm going more clearly.

Every next-gen platform has jaggies

10. Yes, but have you seen Burnout on PS2? The main reason I got excited about the ports was because it was stated the shimmering would mostly go bye-bye, it's really bad and makes it almost impossible to see down the road.