Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Microsoft's motives for getting into the gaming business...(GREAT READ)

1. No, but a book of this nature would have to go through fact checking, and in general publishers don't want to print anything inflammatory unless they know they can defend it in court, especially regarding one of the world's largest corporations.
    -Kyo

2. Yea... right.... lol. You don't seriously believe that do you? You know how many totally inaccurate 'true stories' and biographies come out each year? I think celebs are just as likely to sue as MS, but that never stopped a book from being published. The more sensational, the mare sales, which means more money for the publisher. The precious 1st amendment protects even the most inacurate books, and I don't think any publisher would be worried about a lawsuit...

3. This isn't some Kitty Kelley celebrity trashography, though. It's a book written by a reporter for a respected business magazine. I honestly have no way of knowing whether he's telling the truth or not, but having worked on an industrial publication I can tell you that the odds he's making this up are pretty slim, because if he was sued for defamation and couldn't back it up he'd be blacklisted. It's hardly worth sacrificing his career by lying just to make a paragraph of his book more interesting.
    -Kyo

4. Originally posted by EThugg
    The precious 1st amendment protects even the most inacurate books
    No, it doesn't. There are slander and libel laws for a reason.

5. Originally posted by Saint of Killers

No, it doesn't. There are slander and libel laws for a reason.
    That's much harder to prove in court than you seem to think...

6. Originally posted by StriderKyo
    This isn't some Kitty Kelley celebrity trashography, though. It's a book written by a reporter for a respected business magazine. I honestly have no way of knowing whether he's telling the truth or not, but having worked on an industrial publication I can tell you that the odds he's making this up are pretty slim, because if he was sued for defamation and couldn't back it up he'd be blacklisted. It's hardly worth sacrificing his career by lying just to make a paragraph of his book more interesting.
    I don't know what this 'respected' crap is. If you respect the magazine, fine. It means nothing to me, and hardly lends credibility to this guy. Did you read what Master said even?:

...I will say that in the past Dean Takahashi's articles have been full or inaccuracies and bias. I am of course not sure if that is the case here, but he has been caught a lot in the past of not being entirely truthful and skewing facts to make his stories one sided. He likes there to be a clear antagonist in his writing, thats all I'm saying...
    Doesn't sound like a respectable, honest journalist to me... sounds like a glorified tech tabloid writer...

7. I bought the book today.

I'll post impressions when I get through a good portion of it. Seamus Blackley does the introduction.

I'll refrain on any further comments until I know what the hell I'm talking about. I suggest everybody else get their hands on the book so they can do the same...

8. How much does it cost Master...?
    Still keeping that FUNK alive...^_^
    http://www.dangerz.net/mofo/members/selphiebanner.jpg

Jae's dream date can be found HERE.