Thread: Nausicaa to R2 this November

1. Nausicaa to R2 this November

Ohhh yes.
    http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/anime/ghibli/nausicaa.html

Check out some of the special edition goodies-http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/av/docs/20030726/buena.htm

What's 4,700 yen to our currency?
    pwned by Ivan

2. $39.

CD Japan's already sold out of the special edition. I'm not about to pay for the Uber Edition though -- $127 is a bit much, even if it does have a Nausicaa figurine...

Maybe we can prod Lasseter into making Disney include some of the special stuff in their release.

As a sidenote, Ocean Waves / I Can Hear the Sea comes out on 8/8.

3. This is something I've been meaning to ask, but figured the Animeondvd board would be too hard to find this out at. Do you know if the US Kiki and Laputa subs are dubtitles?
    pwned by Ivan

4. Kiki's is. Disney got lazy and copied the subs from the original VHS sub and Lasseter didn't catch it.

Laputa's are legit.

5. WHat are these two series (Nausicaa & Ocean Waves) about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

6. Go buy the Nausicaa graphic novels. Now. Best manga ever. It's the only manga Miyazaki ever made.
    pwned by Ivan

7. Uh...OKay. Where from, and how many volumes?

And tell me what the Hell it's about!
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

8. Nevar!!
    Seen Princess Mononoke? It's more in tone to that than any of Miyazaki's other stuff. Except much better. Greatest manga ever, some on the boards, Shidoshi, and various mags I've read agree. 4 volumes, but you can get a box. I've seen the individual volumes at Barnes and Nobles. Amazon's probably your best bet.
    pwned by Ivan

9. Cool. Thanks.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Green
    Greatest manga ever
    Agreeance.